Diesel Place banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
2,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just about everything else has been beat to death...
Let's hear some opinions on propane systems..
Dave..Mac..Hoot.. others...Edited by: BlueOx03

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
We are all running Power-Shot 2000 ..... Safe a easy set-up and adjustable ....

Mac

·
Banned
6,539 Posts
I'm running the Powershot2000 system. Like Mac says, nice and simple yet it is a proportional system that meters lp according to boost. Super quality made unit with a company that is always there to answer questions or offer assistance.

http://www.dieselperformanceproducts.com/flash.html

Works even better now with the Juice!

·
Registered
652 Posts
I've read posts here and elsewhere on propane, and most say it works well both alone and with a box. I still have a couple of loose questions:

1. Using propane alone, how much black smoke does it produce?

2. When adding propane with a power module, does propane increase the amount of black smoke already produced by the power module alone?

3. I've read the PS2000 system can be adjusted for the boost level in which it engages, and also for the amount of flow. For the latter, would you need to "turn down" the flow when using higher HP tuners? Or is it safe to use the same flow level you did when using propane alone? I've heard concerns about pinging or detonation, and didn't know if it had to do with the amount of propane, or just the presence of propane.

Doug

·
Registered
3,164 Posts
I RUN A BULLYDOG VAPOR SYSTEM. ITS EASY AND SIMPLE. ILL WILL GO ON TO SAY ITS NOT AS ELABORATE OR SOPHISTICATED AS THE PS2000 AND DOESNT HAVE SOME OF THE FEATURES THAT IT DOES. THE CHEAPEST ROUTE IS GOING TO A LPG SUPPLY WHOLESALER "PLACE" AND BUYING A MODEL "J" IMCO REGULATOR AND BUILDING YOU SYSTEM WITH IT. YOU CAN BUILD A SYSTEM EXACTLY LIKE THE POWERSHOT FOR ABOUT ONE FORTH THE COST

·
Registered
195 Posts
I have a very similar setup to what PEANUT has. I started with a Bullydog regulator, and made the rest of the kit. I haven't seen a Powershot setup, but have seen a similar setup, (Digi boost) and they are more efficient then what I have because it adjusts the amount of fuel up and down with boost. A little bit with low boost, and increasing with amount of boost pressure. And for smoke???? That depends on how little, or much lpg you add

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
if you have a ps 2000 to copy.......very adjustable I can stack mine on top of the 215 and the comp.....no detonation

·
Banned
6,539 Posts
The PS2K is a custom designed valve beautifully CNC machined out of one solid block of aluminum (billet).

I have taken it apart and was impressed at the design quality and simplicity. I'm one of those "see how it works" kind of guys.

Inside is an o-ring encapsulated diaphram valve that lifts off it's seat when boost is applied. There is a spring on the opposite side that is preloaded and adjustable. This is what controls "on" pressure. Lowest setting being 2psi. Just to clarify what 2 psi is.... you can drive around all day barely making 2 psi of boost if you're a light foot.

At idle and anything under 2 psi.. you are not flowing any propane..... that's with the system activated.
There is a second adjustment that regulates flow volume.

It has a safety valve that slams shut when ever power is disconnected. The in-cab controls consists of two switches.

One turns the power on and the other is the activate/reset switch. Anytime you turn the truck off, the solenoid slams shut. When you re-start you have to hit reset to activate the system.

Edited by: hoot

·
Registered
220 Posts
Anyone have pictures of a horizontal tank
frame mounted?

Seems like all I've seen are tanks mounted
in the bed....

THANKS!

T.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Too bad you missed "Trucks" on tv today. They did that exact install on a 92 DMAX

·
Banned
6,539 Posts
92?

·
Banned
6,539 Posts
Terry said:
Anyone have pictures of a horizontal tank
frame mounted?

Seems like all I've seen are tanks mounted
in the bed....