Diesel Place banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed a set of full length westin platinum’s on my 02 crew cab short bed and I don’t care for them that much. They look nice, but they seem to close the cab in the front. There just ok for getting in and not useable at all for stepping out of the truck.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Adam,

Can you post a picture?

·
Registered
549 Posts
Yikes those were the ones I wanted to order. I'll second the notion for a picture.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I agree about the practicality of using them for getting out of the truck, They are much too close to the cab for any use !

They look pretty though !

·
Registered
646 Posts
I have the wheel-to-wheel bars. I'll post a pic this evening after I get home.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Thanks for the link. It was raining when I got home, so I couldn't get any pics.

·
Registered
307 Posts
I use them to get in and out of my truck everytime to save my seats from sliding across them getting in and out. Work fine for me. Never had any complaints from friends or family. To the contrary they all remarked on how much easier it is getting in and out of the truck.

Sure you installed them properly?

·
Registered
117 Posts
The only problem I find with my westins is the foot pad is too small or too far foward. You have a tendency to have part of your foot on the chrome when getting in and out. Besides that I like them, but next time I would try the GM ones.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Chilly said:
The only problem I find with my westins is the foot pad is too small or too far foward. You have a tendency to have part of your foot on the chrome when getting in and out. Besides that I like them, but next time I would try the GM ones.

I've been saying that from day one! Getting in, the pad is alright, but getting out of the front the pad is too far forward.

·
Registered
3,799 Posts
Hey, all. I have the Westins, aswell. Getting out, I seem to step, on the edge. This has caused the plastic holding tabs, to break. On the back end, of the plastic pad. But, I HAD to have them. Mother in law couldn't get into the truck.

·
Registered
332 Posts
I have the westin Oval Tube Step on my current 95 x-cab and like them a lot. a lot wider step to use. I am going to order some for the new truck .

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have had the Westin Platinum Stainless steel chrome bars installed on my 2002HD Ext Cab for two years now. I only have a positive opinion about the looks, performance and cost. Maybe the ones on the Crew Cab aren't as effective, I don't know, but they are great on my extended cab. I just ordered another set for my 2004HD Crew Cab D/A. I hope they are as functional as the ones I have.

Reggie

·
Registered
250 Posts
Here is a picture of the "Oval" tubes on my 2002 Crew-Cab

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yeah Mr X, i double checked the istallation instructions to make sure. they where very easy to install. the step is just a little to far under the body. when i get out i have to step on the edge of the pad.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts