Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
5,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got to ride in a BD turbo equipped LB7 several times. It had Westers tuning in it for a while. Now it has TTS Extreme tuning. The TTS Extreme is by far better. Better throttle response, less timing rattle, way more power, and better driveability. Having the TTS switch is also a plus. Waiting forever to get the Extreme was the only downfall. The Westers tune was supposed to be a bigger tune made for the turbo. It didn't work that way. Has anyone else compared the two tunes in the same truck? I'm just wondering if Westers had something messed up because they tried to tune too much for the turbo. It will be hard to go back to Westers after seeing how well the Extreme runs in this truck. The owner of the truck is very happy with the Extreme! I'm sure he will choose whatever runs better, so I'd like to see Westers give it another shot. Isn't competition great?:muahaha:

·
Registered
3,653 Posts
From what ive been told hes just released the tune for the BD. What tune did he have?

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
as Iv heard Westers will be releasing a BD only tune , especially for it .

·
Registered
5,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Interesting. He might have to give Westers another shot then! I don't know what they called the tune he had. It was Westers biggest tune and it had all the fuel they said a tune could handle.

·
Registered
4,643 Posts
the tune was suposed to be made for the a5k. make it for what ever turbo you want, i am sticking with tts. thats made for the stock, bd, ats, and any turbo coming out.

on a side note, i was hoping to see this truck at my side when we raced......"it was VERY disappointing"!

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
I got to ride in a BD turbo equipped LB7 several times. It had Westers tuning in it for a while. Now it has TTS Extreme tuning. The TTS Extreme is by far better. Better throttle response, less timing rattle, way more power, and better driveability. Having the TTS switch is also a plus. Waiting forever to get the Extreme was the only downfall. The Westers tune was supposed to be a bigger tune made for the turbo. It didn't work that way. Has anyone else compared the two tunes in the same truck? I'm just wondering if Westers had something messed up because they tried to tune too much for the turbo. It will be hard to go back to Westers after seeing how well the Extreme runs in this truck. The owner of the truck is very happy with the Extreme! I'm sure he will choose whatever runs better, so I'd like to see Westers give it another shot. Isn't competition great?:muahaha:
What?

Oh I thought that is what you said! :D

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Competition is key...it makes people work harder. I really don't care who it is, if it runs better and goes faster, then the name doesn't matter. Hopefully Lyndon will rise to the occasion!

·
Registered
3,653 Posts
the tune was suposed to be made for the a5k. make it for what ever turbo you want, i am sticking with tts. thats made for the stock, bd, ats, and any turbo coming out.

on a side note, i was hoping to see this truck at my side when we raced......"it was VERY disappointing"!

Whos truck are we talking about?

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Seeing how Bobo started the thread, I'll let him comment on the owner...but the truck goes like he!! from what I hear. :exactly:

·
Registered
5,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It doesn't matter who's truck it is. It just matters that Westers is taking this serious and making a better tune. That is all we needed to know. I hope they get it right. I'd love to see something compete w/ the TTS Extreme. It will not be easy! I know a certain EFI Live tuner that is trying his luck on a TTS killer called Moonshine. I hear that sauce goes good with tuna sandwiches! Who can do it first?

·
Registered
11,955 Posts
But Jeremy is stacking the TTS with an edge sticker......so its not fair to say he ran someone and beat em with TTS programing :lol: The Edge sticker adds at least 30HP to the rears and 137.5 to the flywheel. And he would be making a solid 932 with that stack at the motor if he dynoed it up north :rotflmao:

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
i have had both tunes in my truck, and lets say their is no comparsion between the two on a stock turbo... now for aftermarket turbos or twins, i have know exsperience but very soon will have...

from what we have seen so far, tysons truck needs a bit more more fuel, but still pulls very strong

now lets here the name of this so called member running westers... is he the guy from MI that called me last month

·
Registered
11,955 Posts
You have had a Xtreme on your truck? And what do you mean exactly in there is no comparison? Any back to back testing, dyno or track?

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
Some time back there was word that if/when another tuner/programmer matched or exceded the TTS, that it would be turned up some. I don't know if this is fact or hearsay. But I do remember reading that the TTS was nowhere near its limit.
Just some food for thought!

T:cool: NY for President:exactly: I do hope T:cool: NY can one up the TTS, those with money:( can only win by this!

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
this is going along nicely ,.........very nicely !!!!

·
Registered
7,187 Posts
I was told that a Bigger Stick existed...........:D

I was told by the creator of the Big Stick he supposedly had one written, I wonder who might get it first ???

I know that I'll be making a trip to the dyno again soon enough, with a few more HP for sure.......

Yes, I would agree, we have not hit the limit yet for HP/TQ IMHO

T:cool: NY

I am in the process of getting my Vendor Status Finalized as I type this...........

1 - 20 of 31 Posts