Diesel Place banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My first time on the dyno along with ZR1160(Steven) Don't know if the procedure was right but here is what we did. Also, this was done in fifth gear since there was no OD lockout. Got the truck up to 5'th gear then let the revs get down to 2000RPM. At that time the operator loaded the dyno and as soon as I got past 120Kph (to prevent downshifting into 4'th) I dropped the hammer. Funny thing is, the dyno computer said I was only making 15Lbs boost. Maybe there wasn't enough of a load:confused: The video tells all.

I was disappointed but next time will go in with the right tools like a Tech 2. Nathan informed Tom that the best way to dyno was to command 4'th gear and start the dyno at around 1200RPM and let her rip. I'll be trying that next time for sure.

Here's a link to the video http://www.unitronic.ca/Dyno_R/

Nick

·
Registered
7,187 Posts
Peak was 430 HP/ 884 TQ in 5th gear.

I did not see any smoke.....:confused: .....I do think the dyno was not reading the corect boost either.

I am sure when you get the Tech II hooked to it for the next test runs and your OD Lock-out switch the numbers will be better.

Good Luck.

T:D NY

The "TRUTH DETECTOR" is one way and the track is another..........:cool:

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
Nick, since you been driveing you truck for a couple of days now with the new tune, how does is compare to the old tune?

·
Registered
16,610 Posts
The title in the video is "Dyno Run Chevy 2500hd 6.5L Turbo Diesel" ):h

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
How does the dyno boost gauge compare with your in cab boost gauge?

Those are great numbers for a 6.5L. :D
Ya know where they got that, watch the vid and the boost hose is laying over the .6 and it looks like a .5, rember these guys build 380rwhp rice rockets, the Dyno owner has VW with 380rwhp, the dyno is also set up for AWD, Nick's #'s were the highest RWHP that had been on the dyno to date, ( Dyno only 4 months old), Took them a while to fiqure how to strap our trucks down, Next time they said they will be geared up for trucks):h

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
Hey nick... Kind of low numbers for a truck that's knocking on 12's door isn't it?

My Lilly put 452/875 down... :)

Just a little ribbing... Hey nice Allison Stickers :)

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Seriously huh? I hope to have better numbers within the next few weeks.
I bet you're having fun with EFILive. Nice #'s.

You still have those Allison stickers available?

Take care, Nick

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nick, since you been driveing you truck for a couple of days now with the new tune, how does is compare to the old tune?
It runs much quieter now that Lyndon took out some timing from the bottom. I found out Tuesday that when we swapped out tunes at the dyno that my rev limiter was at 3200RPM and not my original 4500. Oh well, we'll test it again next time. I'm anxious to hit the track and get some times.

Nick

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.