Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been seening alot of guys on the board from around the wester NY area and i was wondering if you guys might want to organize a get together.

There are alot of thing we could do in the area too if everything goes right.

There is a drag strip about 25 minutes south of rochester.
http://www.nyirp.com/

there are a few dyno in rocheter that i know of and a few in buffalo. Im not sure about syracusebut if some one wants to add some info please feel free.

Any Ideas and input is welcome but i would like to organize something this year to meet alot of the guys i have talked to on the board.

Also i know there is the Northeast Get together over in CT.

What do you guys think should i try and organize something?

-matt

·
Registered
411 Posts
If I'm not out of town, I'll see if I can make it.

Terry

·
Registered
682 Posts
Go for it...My D/A is stock and I won't be dragging or running on the dyno but I would sure as he!! come to talk and watch. Would love to put some faces with all the trucks and posts.

·
Registered
473 Posts
I'd be interested. Further east the better:) . Probably more likely to get to Syracuse or Rochester than Buffalo. Canandaigua for the summer steam show?

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well i'll start gathering info on a few places and see what i can do. I'll keep every one infomed and see if this actually turns into something worht while. And please guys spread the word. The more people that are interested the bigger and better this could be if it goes through!

·
Registered
11,311 Posts
I'd also be game too. The strip south of Rochester sounds good to me. Syracuse does have a strip near Cicero. I have never been there though and I dont plan on runnin my truck on the track. Its not really why I bought it.

I wouldnt mind runnin a convoy out to CT when those guys do theirs either...

Nick

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Unit453: The convoy to CT is also a good idea because that is already planned! Lol save on the work part.

·
Registered
11,311 Posts
Yeah, and I know there are alot more New Yorkers on this forum than jyst us few. We've got reps. from Massena, Ithaca, Fulton, couple here in Syracuse, Homer, Utica, and Rome....If only we could get their attention. I've never done one of these get togethers but I think it would be a great idea.
Nick

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well just spread the word and if we get enough interest ill start looking around and seeing what we could do.

Also i was thinking about trying to round up some more guys from the ford and dodge camps too just to make a nice big all diesel event.
what do you guys think? All chevy or all diesel?

·
Registered
987 Posts
We would love to see you guys here for the gettogether in CT. Its is mainly a GM event, although all makes are welcome. I am still working on details for tthis years event, its Sept 23.24,25. We are 45 minutes south of Mass Pike, Exit 2 on US 7 in NW CT.
www.dieselgettogether.com

·
Registered
5,839 Posts
i'm in...

·
Registered
404 Posts
Hey I will be in for a get-togethre if you do not mind us smaller trucks .

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Im still tryin to figure some stuff out to see if i get get something goin

·
Registered
87 Posts
another option..... I am about 30 miles west of binghamton. We have a 1/8 mile strip right up the road. Skyview dragway its IHRA. The owner is a Ford guy but he has a PSD that he plays with. Might be worth trying to setup something there. He could probably even have room to set up a sled pull.
www.skyviewdrags.com

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Joe, any dynos close by too?

·
Registered
271 Posts
if i get my shop open we could have it there. and i could throw specials on the diesel stuff i'll be selling. kinda like a grand opening thing or something. i wanna meet the locals too.

·
Registered
897 Posts
I am going to be pulling through NewYork camping in middle of June. I might can make it depending on where you end up having it at.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts