Diesel Place banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I spent last night at the Temple Academy Dragway (aka. "Little River"). They were doing their usual Test-n-Tune but were also holding an Import Shootout. It sure is fun to cook a little rice with a 7,000 lbs diesel!

I am quite happy with how the truck performed. I won every match up except the last, and I was up against a Camaro with a blown big block and slicks. He only beat me by 2 car lengths!

Here are the results from my runs. I was running the Reg Juice with Attitude only, and I was setting the Attitude to do a performance test after I staged.

Temple Academy Dragway
Temperature = 48 F

Run #1
Attitude Level = 0
Track = 16.33 s @ 82.44 mph
Attitude = 16.5 s @ 85 mph

Run #2
Attitude Level = 2
Track = 15.51 s @ 87.42 mph
Attitude = 15.5 s @ 90 mph

Run #3
Attitude Level = 4
Track = 15.05 s @ 90.16 mph
Attitude = 15.2 s @ 94 mph

Run #4
Attitude Level = 5
Track = 14.95 s @ 91.46 mph
Attitude = 15.1 s @ 95 mph

Run #5
Attitude Level = 5
Track = 14.94 s @ 90.94 mph
Attitude = 14.9 s @ 94 mph

So, which numbers can I post in my signiture?

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
Attitude Level = 5
Track = 14.94 s @ 90.94 mph
Attitude = 14.9 s @ 94 mph

Mac

·
Registered
909 Posts
Assuming the track has a reasonably accurate timing system, the Attitude has a sizeable trap speed calculation bias.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
if the attitude works like a gtech it calculates actual speed going at the veryy end of the 1/4,tracks give an average speed over the last x number of feet traveled .

·
Registered
909 Posts
Yea, I thought that was the case for a trap speed. Any idea what the 'x' is? If it's small (< 100ft or so ), it should be fairly close as our trucks aren't strong accelerators at the end of a 1/4 mile run.

·
Registered
194 Posts
That attitude sounds like an awesome piece. Pretty cool to see how a part that adds power can also tell you how much power. Pretty cool.
I guess their product is only as good as it tells the owner.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
stock with 543 hp..........
old joke

great comparison......I just wonder how wheel spin affected the attitude performance test.....since the data it gets is from the ecm. The times are alot closer than I thought they would be.....
daveEdited by: sdaver

·
Registered
909 Posts
Could be. They say an 180mph AMA superbike's rear wheel travels 10mph faster than the front.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
BTW, I thought that I should also add that the transmission defuel at shifts was turned on. Kinda felt like I was letting off the go peddle!

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
2wd 0 boost launches. Any powerbraking results in absolutely no traction!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.