Diesel Place banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone that has gone any faster can help me with my set up.I think with this mph I should be going low 12's but my truck is all stock tires and shocks does the tires and shocks make that much of a difference what would I pick up et wise if I were to put tires and shocks.

·
Banned
2,067 Posts
I have run a 9.99 at 5900Ft. above sea level. This was with 2 turbos stacked. I had to cut a hole in my fire wall and remove the dash. I reccomend you put 30"x10" slicks at all 4 corners. Do a full boost launch in 4WD. This will take care of it.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I guess your trying to be funny but thats not what I am looking for thanks anyway.

·
Registered
2,341 Posts
600, ya got a name?

How about easying into the place? You sound like the blind guy who just bought a car. " I got this and I got that....how does it work...I just can't see it?"

What are you trying to do with your truck? Which turbo set-up? Where did the trans get new life? Anything informative would help.

Burner

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The turbo is stock the trans has a ats triple lock in it with a transgo shift kit a local guy did it for me. I am sorry if I am asking a lot of questions but I thought that these forums were for that.I would gladly answer anyone questions that I could if asked. How would you like me to begin on this forum? by asking everyone there name?I am trying to make my truck faster because the local diesel shop here are dodge freaks and aren't helping much so why not ask the guy's with the chevy trucks I would of figured they would help but it seems that is not the case.By the way my name is Manny what is yours?

·
Banned
2,067 Posts
The 12V Cummins is capable of 700HP. To my knowledge no one here at the place has accomplished this yet? You will have to break new ground if you want to beat a 12V on the dyno. If you want to win at the track that is a different story. Your questions about suspension set up are a good place to strart. Just remeber the rules of drag racin do not change just because it is a Dmax pick up. Good hook up and good weight transfer are key. Go buy a book on drag racin suspension techniques and apply this to your truck. If you look back through this topic you will start to get an idea of who the heavy hitters are. Send them a PM. Maybe they can help. My name is Jeff. Sorry about the earlyier joke. You just came on a little strong and your info. is not always easly understood.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I do not really care to much for the dyno I prefer the track and a good et. there is going to be a race down here at a local track for diesel trucks and I am trying to get as fast as I can before then. I think I have been doing pretty good for myself for only working on it for about a month now. I have tried many things and have spent a lot of money but no one said it was cheap.I just wanted to know how much my et would drop with some bigger tires and some shocks and the torsion bars turned up.I am not asking anyone to tell there secrets and I don't think that I have to go and by a book that is why it is 2004 and we have the internet. I guess I will just have to go buy the shocks and tires and do it the way I have always done it trying it first hand. from what I have seen here on this forum you don't really want weight tranfer on a 4x4 correct me if I am wrong.Edited by: 600+duramax

·
Banned
2,067 Posts
Let me tell you I am not a Diesel drag racer. Mtomac,HDMAX and otheres are the guys to talk to. Look back through this topic(Drag Racin and Pullin) and you will see who the heavy hitters are. Pm them and if they like you they will tell you what you want to know.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
cool thank you.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
600+ - You want your torsion bars cranked all the way down, not up. This puts more weight on the ifs front end resulting in more traction and it is more aero dynamic to be lower to the ground than higher and is alot easier on your tie rods. Also lose the spare or any unnecessary weight.

I don't know how far you want to go with this truck, but if you added nos that would should get you low low 12's or maybe bust into the 11's if you can hook. There is a couple guys on this forum that are into the high to mid 11's . Boost up to 10lbs of boost at the line and when she turns drop the hammer.(don't know your complete tranny set-up so use at own risk)

I would assume your runnin in 4x4????? If your not then you should prolly get your time down alittle in 4x4, other than bdmax is 2 wheel drive and is turning some good numbers.

Bronco- Can't find the post now, but a couple of weeks ago there was a guy that got 707hp with stock injects and turbo. As far as i know there is a couple of dmaxs runnin around with just over 800hp too, could be more but thats all i know of. Just becuase its not on the forum doesn't mean there not out there. Most of the time guys like that don't really need info from us or don't tend to talk about how they achieved it.

·
Banned
2,067 Posts
Bronco- Can't find the post now, but a couple of weeks ago there was a guy that got 707hp with stock injects and turbo. As far as i know there is a couple of dmaxs runnin around with just over 800hp too, could be more but thats all i know of. Just becuase its not on the forum doesn't mean there not out there. Most of the time guys like that don't really need info from us or don't tend to talk about how they achieved it.

Thanks Heartbeat! When I talked to the folks at ATS they told me they were installing one of there own dynos soon. They said it would be one of the largst ones ever installed? I asked why? They said from what they can tell so far, it appears the DMAX can lay better numbers than the all!

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Id say the dmax has come a long way in the short 3 years that its been available, compared to the cummins which has been out for 15 years. This year is gonna be one hell of a year for the dmax, there's gonnna be alot of ford and dodge boys shakin there head wondering what the hell just happened.

·
Registered
2,341 Posts
Manny, my name is Rich. I now see where you are comming from. "Ya got an event just around the corner and you need answers fast." Ok, What exactly has been done to the transmisson, what tire size are you running, which programmers are you using, have you calibrated to your tire size, do you know how to "trick" program on tire size, have you weighed your truck, do you have an e-locker up front, what kind of intake do you have, how many runs have you made so far, is your MAF clean........

Speak to jess, Tomac, Quadd, Kennedy, Mackin, Steve, Geroge or SDaver here on the forum. They have tried about every combo you can think of on a stock turbo/injector Duramax. All of these fellas are of good character, they are some of the ones that can help you.

Burner--------->

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It is kind of hard to get help around here everyone is on that dodge thing and chevy's around here are slow that is what most think but that slowly is starting to change since I have gone as fast as I have in such a short period of time.

·
Registered
704 Posts
All these were stated before, but to summarize some of the highlights: Lower the torsen bars, add NOS, a front e-locker, and wider tires, and you will be pulling some great times. Don’t launch with too much psi, or you will kill your C1 clutch pack. If you have money left over, put more into the Allison.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I already have one stage of nos was thinking of putting maybe two stages.how would a locker work will it always be locked up when in 4 hi?I want to put some bigger tires but I also want to put some after market wheels I don't want the wheels and tires to stick out to much and I don't want to lift the truck so should I go 16,17 and what back spacing.I want some a/t tires does anyone have any suggestions on brand and tire size.

·
Banned
2,067 Posts
I have no idea if they make an airlocker or switchable locker for the front end of your truck. If they do I would spend the extra coin and go with the swicthable type. An open front diff. is the only way to drive down the highway when it is covered with snow! If there is no swicthable locker available then you have a tough choice to make. Good traction while racing or safe high speed snow driving?

4 wheels putting power to the ground makes a huge difference. The more power you make the more you will notice the addition or lack of 4 tire fire!

·
Banned
2,067 Posts
AMRIC, YOU ARE NOT SAVING ME ANY MONEY! ELOCKER, ADD IT TO THE WISH LIST!

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
600+duramax said:
I already have one stage of nos was thinking of putting maybe two stages.how would a locker work will it always be locked up when in 4 hi?I want to put some bigger tires but I also want to put some after market wheels I don't want the wheels and tires to stick out to much and I don't want to lift the truck so should I go 16,17 and what back spacing.I want some a/t tires does anyone have any suggestions on brand and tire size.
i saw earlier you made like 537 0n the dyno with just diesel,was the 12.9 run on all diesel or did you use some nos,if so how much nos?did you run nos on the dyno ever.also lower torsion bars,lower air pressure say 25 up front and 22 in back,maybe try running the 135 quad with the tst or hot juice combo...hint hint hint...not sure what else to add but if i can help let me know.i have seen over 700 hp on a stock dmax motor and know what it takes to do it,now i wont tell you exactly what to do to get ther but i will be glad to point you in the right direction....jess

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.