Diesel Place banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got my Dad to put the Juice on his truck. It's an 03 ec sb 4x4 w/ a 6" RCD and 315's.

He was always amazed on how much better my truck pulled compared to his and he bought a regular 90hp Juice box from someone here. I put it in and it was already set on level 2 so I just let it there and we took it for a ride. He was like :D and said "much better!" when he nailed it.

Tomorrow I'm going to put it on level 3 for him and prolly leave it there for reg mode and level 2 in tow/haul.

I can see it now, in 2 weeks or so he'll be like "how do you put this thing on level 4?" ):h

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
My mom's boyfriend has a similar truck as mine, stock but a few cranks of the t-bars and larger tires. Every time I would add a new toy I would cruise by his place to show him. He liked the stuff, but "I won't do anything like that to mine!".;) One day I scored a used Juice on ebay for $150 and asked him if he wanted it. Well his response, "Hell yes, how soon can you get over here to put it in?".):h :D Now whenever I am driving behind him he asks how much his truck smokes!:lol: :help2:

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
thats funny sounds like my dad... hell ill never need a chip...these things got enough a$$ stock...theres no need for those... then i wreck my truck... he borrows my edge hot juice... hes been hooked ever since... cant get enough

·
Registered
206 Posts
Only as Old U wanna be!!

I'm 50 yrs young,probably older than your Dads;) and I'm addicted to my truck see sig!! :cool: I can't stop:eek: . Lots easier these days to get more power out of these beasts than in my day...lets see just add a tuner? WOW!!

·
Bac To The Future
23,029 Posts
Most of the farmers on my route know I own a Duramax. Lots of them ask if I've "chipped" it. Two bought Juice/Attitude combos on my recommendation...I should get a commission from Edge!! :lol: They both tell me they love their trucks even more now...

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm 50 yrs young,probably older than your Dads;) and I'm addicted to my truck see sig!! :cool: I can't stop:eek: . Lots easier these days to get more power out of these beasts than in my day...lets see just add a tuner? WOW!!
My dad is 49 and I don't see him acting his age any time soon. I think he'll be drag racing his 55 Chevy till he's dead. It runs 9.80's @ 136mph BTW! It's an all steel 3600lb pig w/ a Lenco 4 spd and an iron headed 502 BBC no nitrous!:ro)

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I can't get the power level to change on this thing. I went to Edges website and followed their instructions exactly. It just stays on level 2. WTF?

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
sometimes there a pain in the butt to switch manualy.... just keep trying you almost have to do it perfectly

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
I can't get the power level to change on this thing. I went to Edges website and followed their instructions exactly. It just stays on level 2. WTF?
Ah yes ~ the pedal dance. The attitude monitor eliminates all thet.

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ah yes ~ the pedal dance. The attitude monitor eliminates all thet.
Yeah I know the Attitude eliminates that, but he just got it and it is not compatible w/ the Attitude and I don't think he is quite ready to send it in for an Attitude equiped one yet.

I'm going to go try it again pretty soon.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
just leave it on level 2 so you dad does not end up hurting his truck when he pulls a trailer

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
just leave it on level 2 so you dad does not end up hurting his truck when he pulls a trailer
We are going to leave it in 1 or 2 for tow/haul mode for when he tows.

I went to his place and tried again and it worked. I don't think I was hitting the gas pedal quick enough the 1st time around. It's now on level 4 and 1 for reg and tow.:cool:

·
Registered
12,950 Posts
My dad is 49 and I don't see him acting his age any time soon. I think he'll be drag racing his 55 Chevy till he's dead. It runs 9.80's @ 136mph BTW! It's an all steel 3600lb pig w/ a Lenco 4 spd and an iron headed 502 BBC no nitrous!:ro)
I just made 57 a few days ago......besides running the J/A.........I still hit the woods on my Honda CR 250. The need for speed (power) does not go away ):h ...........yet.

·
Registered
648 Posts
My dad, who's 62, runs his LLY with a predator set @ 65HP. He "complains" about my LB7 feeling wimpy. (My predator's at 65HP also)

about 33% of the time the old man gets in my truck, he'll say the exact same thing: "I believe my truck's got a little more pep than yours does."

"Yes, dad, it does. You've got yours turned up more than I do."

"Well, mine seems peppier."

"OK, Dad.":rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
I just made 57 a few days ago......besides running the J/A.........I still hit the woods on my Honda CR 250. The need for speed (power) does not go away ):h ...........yet.

Only once you hurt urself then you cant satisfy the need for speed no more on a dirtbike.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts