Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just finished up installing my scIII a couple of hours ago and everything went smooth, the only issue i had was getting the C1 C2 apply pistons out of the housing. I called mike L and he walked me through getting it apart, other than that i didnt have a single issue! So i got the ally back up in the truck and everything hooked up, i put about 15 qts in it (which was about an inch and a half above the hot mark) started the truck up and ran it through the gears and there is nothing. Check engine light came on with P0748, P0763, and P0768. So we cleared out the codes and put the extra couple of quarts in (20 in total) and still nothing. Im pretty sure there is pressure cause it sucked down the fluid. After messing with it for about 25 minutes trans temp was 150 and fluid level was right in the middle of the hot area. Check engine light never came back on, and we even scanned it again to see if there were any hidden codes but nothing. Shift indicator isnt flashing and when i move through the gears the indicator shows it. Unplugged all the electrical connectors and plugged them back in to see if maybe one was loose but still nothing. Im at a lose guys, i guess tomorrow morning im going to put a guage on the main pressure tap and go from there. I hope i dont have to take it back out cause thats a hell of a job!!! Any ideas what else to check before i tear it back out. I know JIMDMAX had a similar problem but his indicator was flashing and it didnt suck the fluid down, hes was the pump gaskets, i checked that a ton of times. Gasket with the tab in front of spacer plate and stator gasket behind it. Alot of work wasted so far:eek::

·
Registered
762 Posts
Damn, that sucks. I hope its something simple to fix. I also hope mine works fine. I dont need any more problems.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks man, i think youve had enough bad luck so hopefully yours will work fine. You know what reading through all the post of people who have done there own work, i think everyone had atleast one issue! The only way to learn i guess, atleast i messed my own truck up LOL!!

·
Registered
14,321 Posts
Check the little pin in the manual valve in valve body and see that it is installed in the Z slot of the linkage plate.

·
Registered
4,854 Posts
That's a terrible feeling, I hope its something simple bro.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
im positive the the pin is installed in the Z slot mike, because i torqued all the little bolts down and then realized that i didnt have it in and broke them all loose to fix it! I will drain the fluid in the morning and check it again just to make sure. Mike what should my pressure readings be at the main tap?

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
TIM Z;1599812; said:
That's a terrible feeling, I hope its something simple bro.
Thanks TIM, im sure i will figure it out eventually!

·
Registered
14,321 Posts
245 psi or higher. Make sure input speed sensor is plugged in on top of the bellhousing and if the pan has to come off, check o rings on pressure switch manifold.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok thank you mike, yeah i plugged and unplugged the input sensor a couple of times while i was trying to trouble shoot. I remember counting 6 o-rings on the pressure switch is that how many there are suppose to be? I will still pull it off in the morning and check it too!

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well im heading over to the shop, wish me luck!! Man im hoping its something simple!

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Couldn't find a pressure gauge so I started it up with pressure tap open and it dumped about a quart an a half of fluid in less than 2 secs. Pumps working. Checked pin in linkage and its fine, pulled pressure switch its fine all the orings are there. Trim valves are good and in the right location. I don't know where to go now!!

·
Registered
9,606 Posts
Ya get it going yet?

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Nope sure didnt? I trouble shot her all day yesterday, Mike walked me through everything on the outside to look for (I really appreciate the help mike especially on a sunday) and weve come to the conclusion it has to be a hyd. problem on the inside. So i have to yank her back out, im going to go back through everything i did and see if i messed something up. If i cant find anything im just going to take it to mike and have him go back through it. I have to go back out to sea for a week and a half so i wont be able to do anything with it till i get home. I did notice when we were pushing the truck off the lift we didnt take it out of park and it still rolled and didnt even make a noise, so im wondering if thats where my issue is. A planatary not fully seated or something, maybe just the park pawl not in right. I dont know i will find out what went wrong here before too long!

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
This might be the dumbest question in the world, but did you remember to put the driveshaft back on?

·
Registered
4,854 Posts
Man, i hope ya get it figured out!

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
good luck i know how you feel its worth it in the end wish i could help

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Mike L.;1603039; said:
Sounds like transfer case. We discussed that yesterday.
I just got back from the shop, on a last effort to get it moving. They let me cut out of work a couple hours early, so a buddy and I pulled the transfer case out just to see if it didnt mess up. When we turned the input shaft on the case in 2hi the rear would turn and in 4hi and 4low both outputs turned, it seems to be operating fine. :( Hopefully i get a chance to tear it out and check everything before i leave on this 10 day trip but its not looking so good.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts