Diesel Place banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Just Horsing Around
17,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Greets to all those whom have found themselves here. A while back the staff at DieselPlace was wondering "I wonder how they handle such-and-such at other forums", and the idea for this forum was born.

It's an invitation only "speakeasy" for staff from other Autoforum sites that we have invited. Rest assured it is a private and secure forum - only the DieselPlace.com staff (Mods, Lead Mods, and Admins) can even see it's existance, much less read it's content, as well as those of whom we've invited - staff from other Autoforums sites.

Please add a small blurb in your signature indicating your home forum and staff position there so that we can all be in the loop about who came from where.

So, look at this forum as being similar to your own staff areas, except with a few more participants. We ask that everyone here use the same discretion with regards to keeping discussions confidential to staff members only - the same as we all would with our respective staff areas on our own forums. Basically, in the interest of keeping some stuff that we may choose to discuss private, treat this place like Vegas - what happens here, stays here. We appreciate everyones understanding.

Topics are welcome to include things of mutual interest to all of us - moderation methods, problematic forums, technical issues, or other things which you feel discussion across a broader set of staff members may yield interesting discussion about.

We ask that everyone please subscribe to this forum using email alerts that that new content doesn't get missed. We realise this is not the "home forum" of most of whom will be here, and we also realize that you've got your hands full with your own forum and might not remember to check back in here regularly, so subscribing to new threads by email alert will help remind you that something might be up if and when it happens.

Thanks everyone.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Thanks for the invite Mark

Hello everyone, sounds like a beneficial place to swap ideas about what happens on everyone's Forum

Kevin

·
LLY Guy
11,950 Posts
Welcome Kevin!
Now you have to put up with Mark at both sites :HiHi:

·
R.I.P. Sam
32,077 Posts
:welcome: Kevin, Mark's always horsing around. :knight:

Richard.

Reactions: SouthernTrails

·
Just Horsing Around
17,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Sorry guys, was out for dinner, so stuffed with sushi right now I can barely type.

We can open up P&R to anyone joining this forum if they so request (Edit: Kevin, it's open now for you), especially since I suspect it will likely be amongst our first discussions. Just don't post in there please, there's enough crybabies in there as it is, and if someone shows up with 1 or 2 posts but "magically" has access (members usually don't' gain access until they reach some significant post-count milestones) it'll be another crapstorm when they figure out someone was given special privileges. And then the tinfoil hats will go on when they think we're plotting something against them again.

You'll understand soon enough if/when you go in there. Read back a few months vs what's in there the last week or so - we started a crackdown on enforcing some new decency rules recently and 90% of the conversation has been bitching and complaining about that. If you go back 2-5 weeks and read a selection of stuff you'll probably soon see why we finally cracked down.

Anyhow, we could move the P&R debate to another new thread vs this welcome thread.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi, my name is Leah and I'm addicted to moderating.....

I'm Admin/mod like Kevin on HorseForum, but in the interest that this info doesn't show up in all of my posts everywhere else (I'm shy) can I refrain from putting it in my sig line for now?
I'll try to remember to put it in my posts at the Roundtable though.

No posting in the political section either....got it.

(....and my ban hammer is muuuuuch bigger than Kevin's..:stick_out )

·
LLY Guy
11,950 Posts
Welcome Leah

·
Just Horsing Around
17,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
:welcome:

Reactions: Sonic

·
Premium Member
2,904 Posts
Welcome staffers!

Sorry to be late to the round table party. I've been rather MIA off and on the past couple weeks with road trips.

Looking forward to sharing idea with you all.

·
Just Horsing Around
17,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just a heads up to those that have joined us here from other forums, feel free to extend invitations to the staff of any other Autoforums or Verticalscope forums that you are familiar with that you'd like to also see here.

At this point, given the nature of our ownership and the fact that we share many commonalities as a result, we have decided to limit membership to AF/VS forums only, although if someone has another forum they'd really like to see part of this, feel free to post it up and we can discuss.

Remember to ask people signing up looking for membership to post in our Talk To The Team forum providing details on who they are and requesting access, otherwise we'll have no idea who they are. ;)

·
LLY Guy
11,950 Posts
Just a roll call for round table members. Any of you guys still looking over here?
Might have some new topics to discuss

1 - 14 of 14 Posts