Diesel Place banner

41 - 60 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
hey guys, guess i'm up. Martin, from Peace River, been in carpentry/ construction since i can remember, so thats at least a few days.lol. opened up a cabinetmaking business here 6 yrs ago. building a new shop currently, (the old one went in the divorce).
hobbies, i'm looking forward to restoring the old '95 sierra 1/2 ton with my son, gave it to him a couple years back. I also like to golf, And i have an immense amount of fun flying my powered parachute.
this is my first diesel, had it since 09. ya, i drank the koolaid. addicted to what can i do next on or to my truck. some of that itch will be scratched fixing up the 95 sierra with the boy.
anyhoo, good to be here.

·
R.I.P. Sam
32,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Welcome Dutch

·
Registered
254 Posts
Hello, my name is Mark. Born and Raised from Cambridge, ON.

Been working in the residential construction field for almost 11 years now, mostly in the Toronto area but the last 3 here in Ottawa. Work mainly as a Boom Truck Operator and/or Concrete Pump Operator.

Things just have not improved over the years (career wise and financially) and now am re-locating to Alberta next month. Don't know where yet, but possibly Hinton.

Hoping for a better life, I feel defeated here in Ontario.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Hey Dutch!
Nice area up there in the Peace. Welcome to the club. Have fun with the fixin' and rebuilding. Nothing quite beats doing something with your son that you both enjoy and can that you can see the rewards together.
Cheers

·
Registered
344 Posts
Welcome bluefx4flare! Lotsa room out here in the west for good people looking to work hard, make friends, and be neighbourly. There are great opportunities out here just keep an open mind as to where you decide to stay. I moved here in '92 saying I'll give it 5 good years and decide then, 20 years later I'm still here, established and loving life. Drive safe, this is the right move!

Cheers

·
R.I.P. Sam
32,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Hinton is a nice area if it didn't smell so bad. I used to haul to the pulp mill

·
Registered
254 Posts
Hinton is a nice area if it didn't smell so bad. I used to haul to the pulp mill
Due tell, I don't know anything about where I am going.

Does it smell bad everywhere, all the time?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey, I'm Daniel, I'm 17 and I bought my first truck last summer, an 03 Duramax! (I've been saving and working since I was 13 haha) I just put an S&B intake on it and am reall happy with it. But now I'm trying to track down a transmission fluid leak. coming from just before where the tranny bolts to the t case, I was hoping it was just the gasket but the more I look at it the more I think it's probably a crack in the output shaft housing :( if anyone has any helpful advice I'd be glad to hear it as I'm pretty new to this but I have been doing my research. Or if anyone's up in the Mac and wants to get in touch PM me if we can work anything out. Thanks guys, I'm looking forward to getting to know some more diesel enthusiast in Ab!

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Welcome here! what do you do up in the Mac? I've never been there, but know a few guys from there.

Are you familiar with pump rub? basically the internal pump of the T-Case rubs a hole in the housing in the top part of the case. Only leaks when the pump throws oil out the hole. ( when you're driving ) but makes a mess. Eventually throws out all the oil and your case gives up. Just a thought. Lots of info on there if you search. The fix is $50 if you catch it in time.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks, I'm just finishing grade 11 and working at a sports store part time. Fort Mac is really a nice place, there are some misconceptions but it is anise place to grow up.

As for the pump rub issue, I am confident it is not that as the fluid is coming from the transmission, I drained the t case fluid (Long over due) it was dark brown whereas the leaking fluid is bright red. Today I removed the transmission crossmember so I could get a better look and then did some more searching on here and it seems that LB7 trucks have been known to crack the rear adapter housing on the Allison either from drivline vibrations or excessive torque. The upgraded part is $525 from merchant auto. So I'm considering getting that at the pumb rub kit at the same time and maybe the transmission brace to hold everything together haha. But gonna check everything out again tomorrow so if anyone else has any suggestions on what to check for that would help. Thanks

·
Registered
56 Posts
warren in sexsmith alberta. work at supreme diesel in sexsmith

·
Premium Member
3,773 Posts
Welcome Warren.!

Theo

·
Registered
41 Posts
Welcome Warren. Lots of good info on this site.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hey all, Daryl here. Born and raised Alberta boy. Bounced around chasing Patch work, started on the floor slinging chain about a 100 years ago. Got out andhave done a crap load of different things. Currently the Safety Advisor for Vermilion Energy, D&C group.

Ive had diesels since about 84, love the 6.2. Ran away from them when the 6.5 first came out. Have had a few Cats...as in Highway trucks, worst was the 444 cummins. In 03 bought a Durimax and it was good. 04 saw a new Cummins and it was amazing but couldnt take the pounding of the truck!!

Living in Olds now, finnaly back on the farm so picked up the 95.

Good nuff???

One more thing....Meets? Beers??

·
R.I.P. Sam
32,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
One more thing....Meets? Beers??
Sure, your house, off for 6 right now. lol

where abouts do you work for vermillion? We work on a lot of their sites around Cynthia

·
Registered
16 Posts
I spend every second week in Drayton, I have a field office there. If anyone wants to get together for Beer n BBQ this weekend, PM me and Ill shoot out directions to the ranch. Ill be busy Fri eve, bringing home a new hayburner. Also, email me [email protected] I will post up an invite on the Canada page as well.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey guys, I'm Eric...live south of Bragg Creek and work in Calgary. Was born in Edmonton but have lived all over (including Europe) because my dad worked for the government. Been back in Alberta for about 10 years and it's definitely the best place to be!

I had an LBZ back in '09 but downsized. This past summer I started towing my car to hit the drag strips (too far or a trek if anything breaks) and the Dakota was NOT happy pulling the load. So I recently picked up another LBZ to tow. Now I just have to get a nice enclosed trailer and I'm set for next year.

·
R.I.P. Sam
32,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
Good to meet you Eric.

41 - 60 of 65 Posts