Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
R.I.P. Sam
32,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Welcome to the club. I figure why not have one tread where everyone can introduce themselves.

I'll start.

Name is Richard. been here 29 years,(I think) from Barrie, Ontario originally.

Truck driver in the oil patch for last 7 or 8 in cementing and frac'ing

restoring an 87 6.2 Jimmy and have a Cummins to pull my 5th wheel.

do hunting and fishing and you pretty much name it.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Im Mitch Cooper, Originally from Wandering River and now living in sherwood park while I attend the University of Alberta taking a degree in Mechanical Engineering.

I started my own business last year specializing in efi live as a side job while im in school and I am a vendor for a few companies.

Grew up With hockey, then moved into motorcross, and with my Duramax am getting into the more expensive diesel drag racing.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
I'm Nick Kabatoff, been in Rocky Mountain House my whole life. I've been doing autobody for alittle over 4 years, finished my refinisher course last october, then received my journeyman certificate for it. I've worked on every single vehicle I've owned, its something I enjoy. I also do a lot of atv riding, which is a given around this area.

·
Premium Member
363 Posts
Hello fellow coal rollers.
I'm Paul I live in Girouxville Alberta.
I have been farming since 1991 and I used to work in the patch and logging in the winters. Now 9500 acres tends to keep me quite busy year round.

·
Premium Member
3,773 Posts
well..may as well do the same. Name IS Theo (t-AYO), am back living in gods country thank god after 2.5 in exile in Ontario. Ab journeyman welder, SAIT grad in welding eng tech, ..now lookin for a good job in tech sales welding or if I have to, go back on the tools.!

love to ski
love to camp
have been know to quaff a few.. :D
..and love my dmax.

cheers,

·
Registered
41 Posts
I'm Ed. Been in the hydraulics industry for almost 14 years. Pulled a wrench for most of it. Lived in Fort Mac. Been in Calgary for over 20 years.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Hi iam Josh ,i live in fort mcmurray and have for 30 years now , i am a power engineer for syncrude ..

·
Registered
336 Posts
Hi guys,

They just let me join the gang!!

A little bio:

Born in the General hospital in Calgary.
Grad from SAIT in Survey Tech in 1970 - yeah I'm old!
Built my first 283 Chevy engine in 1971 in my living room - didn't have a garage!
Worked at highway construction all over the province until 1993.
Been in Drumheller since 1979.
Owned and operated the Auto wrecker down here until 2000.
I remember owning 3 Fords and 3 Dodges and can't remember how many Chevys! Maybe 100+ !!
Currently design, manage and trouble shoot road construction projects around here.
Bought my 1st Duramax last March and the 2nd in May. Love these trucks. Had an 8.1 before that, loved it too, but no comparison to these trucks!
Love camping and have a 30' 5th wheel.

There's more but you're probably bored already!

Oh yea, I just bought EFILive and 2 dsp5 switches and tunes from IdahoRob last week. Gonna have some fun! Hope I don't break anything this summer!

Looking forward to maybe meeting some of you guys in the future.

·
Registered
344 Posts
My turn!
The name's Jeff and I moved to gods country some 20 years ago (seems like yesterday). Been living in Calgary all that time. I'm a Journeyman Millwright still pulling wrenches, scraping knuckles, and swearing when I lose a good chunk of skin (I'm sure many of your can relate).

I call my beast the BDDiesel or Big Daddy Diesel, my son actually named her for me when he was 4 years old, when I stopped laughing and thought about it the name kinda grew on me so she is so named. I only have 40K or so on the truck so the mods are nil except for an airraid intake (I should have saved the money on that though).

I pull a 35ft travel trailer with her and you just can't beat the power.
I've cruised alot of diesel sites and this one is heads and tails above the rest and now with the creation of the ACR club its even better! Now we can all help/share info that's relative to our neck of the woods.

If we're making a list of members in the group and from the posts there should be quite alot I'll take number #34. :)

Thanks goes out to the boys who made the club and the moderators that over see it.

Cheers

·
R.I.P. Sam
32,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
welcome to the club, you would actually be member #26 lol. I lived in Calgary for 20 years till I got tired of the growth and moved to small town Alberta

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
How many members do we have now rich?

·
R.I.P. Sam
32,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
26 BDDiesel is our newest.

theres hundreds of us on site, I see Albertans every day when I go through the new members

·
Premium Member
3,773 Posts
Welcome to BDDiesel and skleppy..! Good ole Western boys no doubt.!! LOL

cheers,

Theo

·
Registered
344 Posts
Thanks guys good to be here. :coolnana:

·
Registered
214 Posts
I'm next!

Name is Bob, 34 years old and residing in Edson for the last 10 years. Originally from McbBride BC where I grew up logging and sledding. Came out to Alberta and completed a machinist apprenticeship and have been an oil and gas field operator for the last couple of years. Currently looking for a plant or field operating position ( camp ok ) and would even consider a heavy equipment operating position around Fort Mac.

I have owned my 06 since new and have been hooked on modded diesels ever since. I won the show'n'shine at the Edmonton drags last summer and hope to be racing this summer. Currently talking with Mike L on a tranny.

Excited to be a part of an Alberta diesel club, hope we can arrange some meets over the summer.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Nice lookin' custom bumper Bob, and the truck looks mean with those tires! Welcome to the club. Good luck on the job hunt, hope all goes well.

·
Registered
107 Posts
hi guys! My name is kevin. I'm up in fort mcmurray. I've been here off and on for over 30 years. i'm an operator at suncor.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Welcome Hendrixk69, great looing truck. Add a couple more Diaric our numbers are increasing fast. What's the count now!

·
Registered
106 Posts
My turn
Hey guys my name is justin, I have owned my truck for 3 years now it has just over 300,000 kms( I know i drive to much ). i live in athabasca and work as a heavy equipment operator.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts