Diesel Place banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was on the freeway today and the little light that looks like a car with a lock going through it came on. I checked my manual but couldn't find an explanation. It seemed about the same time my AC quit working. When I got to my destination before I shut down I checked under the hood and sure enough the AC clutch was not engaged. Coincidence?

I shut the truck down, attended my appointment and upon restart the light was gone and AC worked. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
83 Posts
I think that symbol is for vehicle security.Also on a/c it could be the low pressure cycling switch or possible the wiring harness that is under the upper dash panel being pulled at the connector,I saw a bulletin on the harness and I have replaced a barrel full of switches gone bad.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
That is the security light. It indicates a problem with either the vehicle theft deterent system or the content theft deterent system. There will be a code stored.

It's not related to the A/C system. If your A/C is on and the clutch is not engaged tap on the low pressure switch on the accumulator (aluminum canister on pass. side of engine compartment). The switch fails often.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts