Diesel Place banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 2005 Duramax ext cab.
First i had the PRND not working but after a quick google'in i found out there's a couple of sother joints needed to be resothered. Did that, and with no anticipation it would work
it actually did, guess if i was suprised.

After a couple of days when i started the truck the ODO had resetted itself on 0, not the trip, the ODO. When driving it starts counting from zero but always stops at 26.0. to then be resetted at 0 the next time i turn it off and starts it back up. The PRND is gone also. EVERYTHING else is working as it should.

I've been doing a lot of google'in but never found anyone else with the same problem.
Some have the stepper motor problem, others the PRND problem and some have the ODO error problem.

Searching if there might be anyone who experienced the same weird thing as me.

·
Administrator
21,844 Posts
Start by removing your batteries and have them individually load tested to rule out a bad battery cell issue.
A bad battery cell(s) can cause some strange electrical issues to appear

·
Registered
718 Posts
I had my hour meter "glitch out" and then the odometer reset too.. Then I got an "odometer error" message....

Time for a rebuild. I would send it here....

It really needs to have many other places on the board re-soldered. And there is a small chip that needs to be replaced in order to fix your odometer (eprom).

I tried a smaller outfit and came away disappointed, then I sent it to ISS - quick turnaround and 100% satisfied.

I went for a rebuild vs a exchange. I paid for led lights and a new lens so it would be nice and clear again.

ISS is a larger company that I believe rebuilds them for GM/Dorman, etc.

jeff

·
Registered
54 Posts
I had issues with my speedo, temp and trans gauges. I was told it was the stepper motors so I had them replaced and that didn't help. I ended up boxing it up and sending it in to circuit board medics pretty fast return. I went with a totally remanufactured one. I screwed one thing up and that was not providing my hours on the motor. I covered the mileage thoe.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Here is link to rebuilt cluster option on ISS website... Note : do not use "exchange option" as diesel cluster is specific to the duramax - temp gauges have different scale/readings.

jeff

1 - 5 of 5 Posts