Diesel Place banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had my Flywheel, Throw out Bearing, pressure plate and slave cyl replaced under warranty. I have a 2003 2500HD 6 speed with only 15,000 miles. Now it is starting to make a whole different noise. It only makes it in 5th and 6th gear when I have the pedel to the floor. Its like a grinding noise that sounds like its coming from my dash. Last night I put my truck in 4 hi and it makes the entire truck shake, it feels like my truck is about to fall apart. It makes the sound in both 2hi and 4hi it just is 10 times worse with it in 4hi. Usually it makes the sound in 6th gear around 40-50mph. Anyone know what this could be????

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
Wish I could help ....

If it's easy to duplicate and your under warranty Mr Goodwrench will and can trouble shot it for you ...

Let us know what happens if you would ...

Mac

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Anyone???

·
Registered
251 Posts
They may have put your drive shaft back together wrong. It may be out of alinement with the other splines?

Just a thought.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I forgot to mention that it only makes this sound when I have my Quad Tuner installed. When its stock, no sounds at all.

DIESEL POWER

·
Registered
617 Posts
Not to be a smart-as*, but if it were me I'd be sending the quad back.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't think there is anything wrong with the Quadzilla Tuner. The Tuner just put more of a load on the engine and transmission. Anyone else???

·
Registered
353 Posts
Could be something with the Transferr case. They just had everything out and now youare getting noises. I would definately take it back.

Mike

1 - 8 of 8 Posts