Diesel Place banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just installed the edge juice w att. and i noticed when im crusing at 50 to 60 mph in overdrive with between 6 to 10 psi of boost and about 40 to 50 % load i get this jerk or chug every so often. when i get my foot in it a little it goes away. I have the edge set at 1. It feels comparable to a ignition problem(spark plug wire, coil,etc) in a gas engine? its not a real hard jerk but it is definatly noticable, just hade injectors replaced to day no change noticed. and its not constant it will do it 1 to 3 times and then stop. any ideas? thanks mitch

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
Where did you get it from? I do believe it needs to be upgraded and what your feeling was referred to fish biting.Happened on some earlier Edge versions and there is a fix.

Happens when the throttle is held in one position,as you explain.

Regular Juice box no Attitude ,right? I'm not familiar with the current versions,sorry.

Edge products.... http://www.edgeproducts.com/chevy.html

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
Could be something as simple as a dirty Mass Air Sensor to a defective unit.I have one (I guess I should have went and looked at the version) and never had that problem.

I hope you got it from a reputable dealer as Edge has a list that they wont warranty. Call and talk to Aaron at Edge products he's a really great guy!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i just went out and drove it again... it does do it when i put it in cruise so that eliminates the tpp i think, and i also noticed it makes a knocking noise every few seconds as im driving... i got in my drive way put one foot on brake and other on throttle in drive and gave it some some fuel and i could make it knock the some way as when im driving. i unplugged it completley and plugged in the OEM connectors and everything is fine now! do i have a defective unit?

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
Could very well be.Edge has a great customer service if you cannot deal direct with who you bought it from.I hope you bought it from a good dealer not some fly by night.

Good luck

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i bought it from a chevy dealer here in minnesota but im gonna call right to edge in the morning. do you think i have a problem with the truck and the edge is just magnifying the situation? is that possible? do you know if there is any ecm flashes for the lb7 that i should try?

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
i just went out and drove it again... it does do it when i put it in cruise so that eliminates the tpp i think, and i also noticed it makes a knocking noise every few seconds as im driving... i got in my drive way put one foot on brake and other on throttle in drive and gave it some some fuel and i could make it knock the some way as when im driving. i unplugged it completley and plugged in the OEM connectors and everything is fine now! do i have a defective unit?
Mine did the exact thing, it would drive you nuts when you were driving up a grade, kinda feels like someone rearends you. I sent mine back, they gave me the latest version, it still did it. I cleaned my MAF, and dumped the K&N. I havent noticed it since.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
found out the dealer gave me the wrong model for my truck (lb7) he gave me the lly model and i questioned him before i payed for it and he said the this superceeds the lb7 so it will work. well it didnt i called an edge rep. and gave him my p/n and he laughed and told me what i should have.. its been great ever since!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.