Diesel Place banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my truck back 3 days ago from getting it lifted. After it runs for about 10 minutes there is a surge feel when I ease off the gas while taking off from complete stop. Best described as a weight transfer feeling in the rear. I get the same feel if I am stopped and I release the brakes. It only the first time I let off the brakes or when I ease of the brake. Before 10 mph. If I give it some foot at take off it does not do it. I do not want to act like an idiot by asking the lift shop but I also do not want to tear anything up and the Chevy house say it was because of the lift which I think it is since it just started. I had heard that 6 does not require and new drive shaft but an 8 does. Any one else have this problem. I read 28 pages of topics on this forum and found nothing that resembles what I am having. I went today and had all my filters and fluids changed throughout the WHOLE truck hoping maybe that would be the fix. 389.00 later it is still doing it.
Edited by: noproblem

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
Although you changed all the drivetrain angles with a lift ~

Something in the drivetrain could be misaligned and binding .... I would ask the installer to take a ride with you and demonstrate .... I wouldn't hesitate ,I 'm sure you paid a decent buck for the workmanship ....

Mac Edited by: Mackin

·
Registered
570 Posts
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" bgColor=#ffffff>
<T>
<TR>
<TD bgColor=#ffffff>noproblem,</TD></TR></T></TABLE>

Mine has an 8" lift with 37's and doesn't act like what you have mentioned. You shouldn't need a drive shaft for your set up for the front or rear. If I were you, I would take it back to the guys that did the install and take them for a ride, I'm sure they wouldn't have a problem with that. Remember to remind them this is new change to your ride and to you, I'm sure they get all kinds of questions asked. The only stupid question is the question never asked.

I see you have a Hypertech was that added before or after the lift? Oh yea... I did notice that the gas peddle is very sensitive on mine and choppy bumps make it buck some.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Did they use spacer blocks to lift the rear or re-arch the leaf springs?

Blocks put the rotational force of the axle that much further from the face of the springs, and MIGHT be causing a bit of axle-wrap. The springs cannot keep the axle from moving fore and aft, they will flex across the face on either side of the u-bolt. Think of why a drag racer uses traction bars... I have seen truck with tall lifts that have long ladder-bars welded to the rear axle to a pivot point well forward, almost to the back of the cab. Keeps the axle in line AND won't let it rotate.

If they installed new longer leaf springs with a deeper arch, the axle will be closer to the spring and the tendency to rotate will be less.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They put blocks in. I took it in today and they re torgued they shocks and the u bolts. They mentioned that the rear axle has a delay in engaging that might be magnifide with the tire size increase. They told me to drive for awhile and if I still felt skeptical bring it back and they would retorgue. They where pretty confident it was the delay in engage. While I was at the shop I went ahead and ordered the traction bars for the truck. That should help in the axle wrap. I know that my truck is notputting out the HP that others are so I am unsure if that is what I am dealing with since most lifted trucks do not have the traction bars. They told me since I did not pull anything other that my boat I probably did not need then but I want to throw more money into my truck or my addiction ( I call it my truck wife calls it my addiction or girlfriend).

I have had the hypertech since 501 miles. And I know what you mean about the fuel pedal.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts