Diesel Place banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well today I notice that my guage cluster has no transmission information. There is no gear indicator light, in manual position the dic does not display the gear, and the tranny guage is bottomed out at 100 degrees. Everything seems to run ok just missing all transmission information. I am assuming something is up with the cluster, but just wanted to see if anyone has ever had a similar problem before to make sure it isn't something stupid. Ideas?

·
Registered
90 Posts
I had the same thing happen to me on thursday or friday i looked down at the cluster and all the lights were out i put it in n or m and back to drive and the lights came back on i hope its jus somthing stupid

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Update ... after letting the truck sit for a while when I was at the office, fired her back up and everything was working. What the heck?? :(

·
Registered
976 Posts
Did you run it through a car wash? The electronic sensors get some water in them and will cause that. While you were at work they dried out and started working again.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Intermittant malfunctioning of the PRND... indicator is one of the symptoms of the transmission NSBU switch going bad. That may not be the problem, but if you do a search on 'NSBU Switch' you'll find lots of info and symptoms to watch for, so you'll know whats going on if you do run into problems related to the NSBU.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts