Diesel Place banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have read all the threads dealing with 2002-2004 trucks and the drive shaft clunks. Fix is to greese the shaft. Has anyone heard of this problum in the 2005 CC? Need some ammo when I hit the dealer next week.

Thanks Guys & Gals

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
it could be your u-joints also get under your truck and check them out

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
<------Dumb A## firefighter what am I looking for when I inspect U joints

·
Registered
837 Posts
Put on your ebrake and then take trans and put it in nuetral, crawl under your truck and rotate the drive line back and forth at each u joint to so if they are loose, there will be a very small movement if the are just barely starting to wear so look real hard. Lots of movement if they are toast, also try pushing up on the drive shaft were each joint is sometimes they are hard to see if their bad. Good luck Robert

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Put on your ebrake and then take trans and put it in nuetral, crawl under your truck and rotate the drive line back and forth at each u joint to so if they are loose, there will be a very small movement if the are just barely starting to wear so look real hard. Lots of movement if they are toast, also try pushing up on the drive shaft were each joint is sometimes they are hard to see if their bad. Good luck Robert
that is about all you have to do just try and move the drive lin up and down and to the sides and whatch the u-joints to see if you get any movement
also just to spin the pinion on the rearend and if you get alot of play you could have something wrong with your rearend

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
My 05 with 3,900 miles has the slip yoke groan, snap, pop... whatever you want to call it.

DEWFPO

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
it could be the slip yoke didn'y think of that do both 4x4 and 2x4 have slip yokes or is one a fixed yoke

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ok slip yoke im lost help me here whats that and what would would cause that?

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
dont know what one would cost but i dont think it is your problem after i started to think about it because you would have to strip the splines on it to make it clunk and that would take some power to do but it is a splined yoke that is at the back of your trans 2x4 or at the back of your transfer case 4x4

1 - 9 of 9 Posts