Diesel Place banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
2,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Probably for the last 1-2 weeks, I haven't been able to get very far to activate my keyless entry whether I'm locking or unlocking the truck. I'm finding myself having to get closer and closer to the truck for it to pick up my key fob's. I though it was the battery in my key fob, but I tried with the other set that hasn't been used and its the same. The signal is very weak. Has anyone experience this and what's the fix? Anyone have suggestions?

·
Registered
173 Posts
I know that this doesn't help with what's wrong, but you can get more range out of the fob by pressing the fob under your chin when using. Your body acts like an antenna, and it really does work.

·
Banned
2,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Never had to do that before. I used to be able to activate it from almost the end of my street which was probably a whole football field long.

·
Registered
2,934 Posts
Go buy a new battery. The one in your extra fob is probably going dead too.

·
Banned
2,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The battery in my spare set of keys hasn't been used. Its been sitting in my drawer since I bought the truck in December of '05.

·
Registered
173 Posts
06DMAX00CAMSS;1603969; said:
The battery in my spare set of keys hasn't been used. Its been sitting in my drawer since I bought the truck in December of '05.
I think that the battery on your spare fob should still be good after only 1 year of non-use. Since both your fobs are doing the same thing, it sounds like there must be a problem with the receiver in your truck. It wouldn't hurt to try a new battery anyway, so you can tell your dealer that it isn't the battery when you take it in for warranty repair.

·
Premium Member
4,101 Posts
236ek;1603823; said:
I know that this doesn't help with what's wrong, but you can get more range out of the fob by pressing the fob under your chin when using. Your body acts like an antenna, and it really does work.
That's gotta be good for you balls. And maybe brain.

·
Registered
9,606 Posts
The one one my GFs GM seem to of gotten a lot weaker, but I doubt there is much you can do about it. I have an aftermarket alarm on mine.

schulte;1615377; said:
That's gotta be good for you balls. And maybe brain.

Only if ya have some :D J/K

·
Registered
112 Posts
I've noticed that mine does the same thing occassionally. It usually happens when im close to some type of radio tower tho, probably just radio interference. I know of two work places that are by radio towers and i have trouble

·
Registered
580 Posts
MY #1 fob works great. To use #2 you have to be right next to the truck. Bought a new battery and still the same.

·
Registered
113 Posts
236ek;1603823; said:
i know that this doesn't help with what's wrong, but you can get more range out of the fob by pressing the fob under your chin when using. Your body acts like an antenna, and it really does work.
x2
i use to install alarms it does work !

1 - 12 of 12 Posts