Diesel Place banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey can anyone provide Nicktane install pics, Im looking to see what I will get myself into, Or if you guys want me to be the test dummy I can take pics and provide them for the next person. Let me know before I order if possible

[email protected]

Bill

·
Registered
489 Posts

·
Registered
6,063 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
bill, just to let you know its one of the best investments I made on my truck.only thing I did was drop my exhaust for a hassle free install.

·
Registered
7,187 Posts
TheChevyHDMan said:
Hey can anyone provide Nicktane install pics, Im looking to see what I will get myself into, Or if you guys want me to be the test dummy I can take pics and provide them for the next person. Let me know before I order if possible

[email protected]

Bill

Here ya go William,

If you need help just come on over, bring the beverages.

T
NY

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Hey guys, I got a question...

Wouldn't installing an additional fuel/water seperator filter (in series with the OEM filter) lower the suction pressure of the injection pump, which would cause the injection pump to work harder, thereby shortening the life of the pump?

Just curious, as I'm thinking of buying one of these nictane kits myself.

·
Banned
6,539 Posts
The HP pump is a two stage pump that has a gear type suction lift pump. You would have performance problems and shutdown before you would be doing any damage.

Just like running a totally clogged stock fuel filter.

No... one add'l filter should not be an issue.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Hoot...

Please elaborate.... You say that performance problems and shutdown would occur before any damage from a second filter...

If that's true, then why don't performance problems and shutdown occur before an injection pump works itself to death trying to make up for a failed lift pump?

Well, come to think of it, maybe these performance problems do actually show themselves when a lift pump goes out, but some people just don't notice them.

But you really don't think the additional filter (which, if I'm not mistaken, goes inbetween the lift pump and the injection pump) adds any stress to the injection pump?

Edited by: w_huisman

·
Banned
6,539 Posts
No I don't.

There is no lift pump between the filter.... no matter where you install it, and the injection pump. The lift pump is inside the injection pump and it's a gear type pump.

I have some documentation that spells out the HG max before performance degrades. There is plenty of cushion designed into these systems.

We aren't talking about a 6.5 here Wade.Edited by: hoot

1 - 9 of 9 Posts