Diesel Place banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The dealer I work for just got two more LLY equipped trucks in. Both 4x4 CC SB LT. One white, one silver birch. So far that makes it four. None of the four we have gotten were to fill orders, they are just for inventory. We have only sold one of them, and it was to an old couple passing through during the holidays, who didn't even know there was a difference in engines. So to you guys who are waiting for the LLY, they have to be out there. We can't be the only dealer with them. If your dealer says that they don't have any, tell them to go check thr VIN for 8th digit #2.

·
Registered
12,004 Posts
Most dealers Ive talked to did not even know what the LLY was...

Are we getting these in CA?

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
As far as I've been able to determine, yes. The primary reason for the LLY was new Federal regs on diesel emissions and the LLY is 50 State eligible.

The manual trans versions will have a reduced power output though, same as the LB7

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just got another one off the truck, 4x4 3500 CC LT LLY DRW.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I was at the North American Internation Auto Show in Detroit yesterday. I talked with a GM Employee from Pontiac East (building the extended cabs) who was on the GM show floor from the plant floor. I mentioned the new LLY engine and he said he didn't know anything about the new motor until there was a celebration in the plant in mid December. When he asked what the celebration was for on the line, he was told because it was the first installation of the new diesel engine in a truck.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Bla bla bla.......go grab the keys and start doing burn outs. How much father can an LLY burn the LB7? Really, have you got a chance to take a spin, I meant the vehicle not the rear tires of course .

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Check my posts in the thread "Has anyone got an LLY yet?" I gave first drive impressions and ran it with a g-tech. Yeah, its broken in right
On edit, here is my original post from the first test drive:I just got done driving it
It runs pretty good, the throttle response is better, the turbo sounds like it has an AFE stage 2 stock! I ran it with my gtech, here it goes, 6700 lbs, 40 Degrees, 2 wheel launch, [email protected] mph, 0-60 9.38, 235 HP. Any questions you guys just ask I will try to help as much as I can. See ya, Ben.

Edited by: Max Payne

1 - 7 of 7 Posts