Diesel Place banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a pastewax kinda guy. I've always like the results of using a good pastewax and shining the vehicle until it's like a mirror. It has been for ever since I had given my Max a good washing and even longer since a good waxing. So I decided to clean and shine her up this last weekend. Being that it was supposed to rain that day, I decided to try something different after washing her. Instead of the paste wax, I bought and used Eagle 1 Nanowax spray. I must say I was very impressed by the results. No wiping off the "haze" and it polished up very nice. My thought at that point was how well does it bead the water, though and hold up in rain. After yesterday and today, I've discovered that it does very well and am considering using it from now on. It cuts the wax and polish time in half, at least.

What do you normally use to wax your Max? Has anyone else used anything like the spray?

·
Registered
513 Posts
I'm a pastewax kinda guy. I've always like the results of using a good pastewax and shining the vehicle until it's like a mirror. It has been for ever since I had given my Max a good washing and even longer since a good waxing. So I decided to clean and shine her up this last weekend. Being that it was supposed to rain that day, I decided to try something different after washing her. Instead of the paste wax, I bought and used Eagle 1 Nanowax spray. I must say I was very impressed by the results. No wiping off the "haze" and it polished up very nice. My thought at that point was how well does it bead the water, though and hold up in rain. After yesterday and today, I've discovered that it does very well and am considering using it from now on. It cuts the wax and polish time in half, at least.

What do you normally use to wax your Max? Has anyone else used anything like the spray?
I've been using Wolfgang's Deep Gloss Paint Sealant. It's a liquid synthetic type, not the natural carnuba stuff. This type is good for me, living in the desert where it's 110 in the summer. Goes on easy, good shine, comes off easy and lasts about six months where I live. I might try the Zaino stuff when I run out of this.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
I have yet to find a liquid I like. I prefer Mother's Paste carnuba wax. Of special note, it doesn't turn my rear bumper trim white at all. Just wipes right off.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Meguire's Gold Class for me.

·
Registered
269 Posts
ZAINO!!!!!!!!!!!!):h

·
Registered
190 Posts
yea buddy

tried the same stuff works great:grd:

·
Registered
31,525 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
n a l

How long does it hold up?
not as long as a good ole hand waxen it really to be used between waxes/ washes. hell it aint but 3 or 4 buks. i like it its real easy. oh well i bet thats a good ole dog there. i lost ole yeller last thanks given:ro)

·
Registered
31,525 Posts
not as long as a good ole hand waxen it really to be used between waxes/ washes. hell it aint but 3 or 4 buks. i like it its real easy. oh well i bet thats a good ole dog there. i lost ole yeller last thanks given:ro)
He sure is :) best dog (or should I say friend) I've ever had. :ro) It must have been tough to loose your bud at the time of year they are most useful (cleaning up table scraps). ):h

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'd agree with that after looking at it today. It's a good quick job, but I don't think it's going to out do paste wax. Still ... for the money and getting something on quick with no fuss, it does a good job. I would use it again, but will still do the paste wax when time and weather permits.

As to the other point, there's nothin' like a good dog ... or three. I really feel for Juice. He's having a tough day.

·
Registered
8,655 Posts
A friend of mine and I used to own a mobile car wash/detailing business here in bakersfield while i was going to college.

We used KIT carnuba liquid wax, and a buffer to apply, and removed by hand. It would last 3 months in the summers here, and 6 months from fall to spring. i thought it worked good

i am gonna detail my max this weekend!

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Collinte's Fleetwax, marine/aeronautical wax holds up well. Goes on kind of greasy and doesn't really haze up. Wipes off pretty easy too.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Eagle 1 Wax-as-you-dry...been using it for a couple years...nothing but good luck..I used to be a tried and true paste wax man, until my body man said..."using paste wax you're wiping off more wax than you are putting on."

1 - 13 of 13 Posts