Diesel Place banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see the Maumee Valley Tractor Pullers have there 2006 schedule posted on there web site, and their annual summer pull is scheduled for 6/17/06. Last year they ran 3 different clasess of diesel trucks and 2 different classes of gas trucks.

·
Registered
809 Posts
what were the 3 classes?
there were 4 classes of diesels if I recall correctly, 7500#STREET ()no mods), 7500 mod, 8000 street(no mods) and 8000#mod, the exact way they worded I do not remember but basically you were not allowed to blow smoke in the no mod classes and you were pretty much running DHRA rules in the mod classes.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They actually ran a 7500 lb stock, an 8000 lb stock and a 7500 lb modified and an 8000 modified. And of course the 2 gas classes.

·
Registered
4,643 Posts
i hope to make my truck not blow black smoke, just maybe i can get in:eek:

·
Registered
88 Posts
I'm going to a MVP meeting this month to see about them having more of a DHRA street class rules instead of the "no smoke" rules they had last year, a change wouldn't apply to me but they where thowing out trucks for making just a puff of smoking at the starting line.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Just an update, new rules for Wauseon,OH pull are at maumeevalleypullers.com

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think this thing starts at 5:00 PM.

·
Registered
3,605 Posts
Wow those rules are pretty wide open. Are they still having a stock class or just the single turbo class?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Wow those rules are pretty wide open. Are they still having a stock class or just the single turbo class?
Its going to depend on what shows up for trucks, I was told 5 of anything(stock,unlimited single,twins) will have a class. Maumee Valley Pullers is looking at a point series for next year and truck turn out is really important at this pull. I hope a lot of you dmax guys can make it there.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Its going to depend on what shows up for trucks, I was told 5 of anything(stock,unlimited single,twins) will have a class. Maumee Valley Pullers is looking at a point series for next year and truck turn out is really important at this pull. I hope a lot of you dmax guys can make it there.
We would like to come up but we can't show up and hope that 4 other twined trucks do too. I was hoping by now that most of these organizations would just adopt drha rules and stop trying to reinvent the wheel. matt

·
Registered
88 Posts
We would like to come up but we can't show up and hope that 4 other twined trucks do too. I was hoping by now that most of these organizations would just adopt drha rules and stop trying to reinvent the wheel. matt
Good Point, I pulled my twins off for there pull last year and got my azz handed to me.
I brought up adopting the DHRA rules at a meeting earlier this year and there was not much intrest, hopefully with a good turnout they'll have more intrest in going with what most eveyone is running for rules.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Who's all going? I am going to watch if some of you guys are pulling.

·
Registered
3,605 Posts
We have a pull about 4 hours north in Midland, MI that starts at 1pm. Any idea when the 8000 diesel class will pull?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It is scheduled to start at 5 PM. I think the trucks pulled around 7 or 8 pm last year. MVTPA list the following contacts

John Grau 419-898-0911

Larue Short 419-446-2333

Hope some of you guys can make it, it seems in years past there have been a lot of strong trucks there, and the D-Max 's have put on a great show there.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts