Diesel Place banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
every since i rebuilt my engine the water temp will not come below 210 and hangs around 220 replaced t-stat and sending unit with a 195 and 50/50 coolant/water what else could cause this thought maybe gauge was wrong please help got a 300 mile road trip to make this weekend and a tractor/trailer weighing around 9k and want things right :help:

·
Registered
7,134 Posts
Did you replace the water pump when you did the engine? Mine was doing that and it ended up being the water pump impellor was rusted away.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
the water pump was replaced just weeks before engine removed and so called lifetime replacement i just found the bottom rad hose is very soft maybe the pump suction is colapcing the hose and slowing the water???? also if timing was off would that cause higher water temp i know in a gas engine if advanced to much could heat things just a thought

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Sounds dumb but alot of times dirt/feathers/grass you name it ends up in between the rad and the condenser, that in its self is enough to make it run hot, on most 4cyls when an engine is running hot if you leave the heater fan on full blast (yep in the summer with the window down it is like a blast furnace) it will haul the engine temp down from redline....not sure if it will affect the 6.5, but a heater is a small rad. try running with the heater on bust and see if your temps do drop, if it does it could indicate a partially plugged rad (internally or externally)
edit** try reving the engine up 2000+ RPM in neutral if the lower hose is soft it will pinch its self off and you will see it

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
OEM t-stat or aftermarket?

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
oem never had problem with it before

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
The bottom radiator hose should have the coiled wire (spring?) inner liner to prevent the collapse. If you can squeeze the hose, someone took the wire out, get a new hose with the liner. The top radiator hose is usually not "wired" but doesn't seem to collapse under load.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks for the replies found out the sensor was at fauilt

1 - 8 of 8 Posts