Diesel Place banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At 31,000 miles on truck water pump leaks at weep hole.Call dealer,bring it in two days later so they look at it and order parts.Takes a week for pump to show up but have to cancel replacement date because gaskets are not here,coming from source of origin.So two weeks of driving around with a minor water leak ,finally in shop for a full day.Pick her up that nite and get home and smell anti-freeze,afraid to look at it,wait till mourning.Smells like anti-freeze,looks like anti-freeze,tastes like anti-freeze,yup it anti-freeze.The steel pipe hooked up to the top of pump is leaking at other end,o-ring I would guess,front of motor covered with anti-freeze including alternator.Truck at shop for two days,no o-rings,have to order.When I pick truck up I will order o-rings and gaskets for a water pump install just to have around,maybe $5 worth.I am really starting to wonder about this high tech world we have created.

·
Registered
566 Posts
SayWhat

It's the "Just In Time" inventory. All big businesses are doing this. The company I work for is constantly short o-rings, screws, and other little parts that cost pennies.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts