Diesel Place banner

Is it a good idea to replace it all. All factory original parts.

• All Ideas

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • All suggestions

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 02 Silverado with Duramax LB7 with 136,000 miles. I'm losing very like antifreeze maybe add some coolent within 3-4 months. After engine has ran it doesn't get hot in the middle of 160 - 210 and when I stop no leaks that I can see. The wheep hole hard to say but not really. When accelerating hard there's a whistling sound. I'm thinking the tensioner belt. Is it a good idea to replace it all. { Water pump, pullies, Hoses, serpentine belt, Thermostats } if I'm missing anything please let me know.

Thank you

·
Registered
02 2500HD LB7
94 Posts
Its probably not the water pump, yet. Check the coolant supply and return lines to the turbo. There are some rubber sections that make the final connections to the motor and the turbo that are probably on their way out from the turbo heat. Mine were like jello when I replaced them last year.
My return line to the water pump housing actually burst the winter prior, pulled in the driveway one day and heard fluid dripping as I was walking away. Turned around to see a stream of antifreeze falling off the front of the motor. Luckily we were in a thaw so I could do an emergency repair since I had to do it outside.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its probably not the water pump, yet. Check the coolant supply and return lines to the turbo. There are some rubber sections that make the final connections to the motor and the turbo that are probably on their way out from the turbo heat. Mine were like jello when I replaced them last year.
My return line to the water pump housing actually burst the winter prior, pulled in the driveway one day and heard fluid dripping as I was walking away. Turned around to see a stream of antifreeze falling off the front of the motor. Luckily we were in a thaw so I could do an emergency repair since I had to do it outside.
Thank you for your reply helpful. I will look in to your suggestions.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts