Diesel Place banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1995 Chevrolet Silverado Z71 6.5 TD
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is their a replacement rubber on the wp backing plate for the oil filler tube? It looks like the previous owner used black RTV to seal the filler tube in the rubber seal. Can i purchase a new rubber seal or do I have to buy a new backing plate to insure that the oil filler tube seal doesn't leak oil? I am not sure due to my inexperience on Diesels.
I guess wats the possibility of it leaking

·
Registered
128 Posts
Reactions: 56pan

·
Premium Member
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Missouri 3500, I'm replacing my wp, fan, thermostat and fan clutch and wanted to be sure to replace items that are maybe questionable. I wasn't sure if that was the same part or not despite what the description stated. Better to ask and be sure than assume and receive the wrong part.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Since you have the wp backing plate off was wondering if you checked the timing chain for slop. I have a '95 also and when I do the '97 cooling upgrade figured I would check/replace the chain since I would already be halfway there. Disregard if you already did this. (y)

·
Registered
101 Posts
Dorman #42305....ebay has a bunch of them also...$7.00 free shipping.

·
Premium Member
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Since you have the wp backing plate off was wondering if you checked the timing chain for slop. I have a '95 also and when I do the '97 cooling upgrade figured I would check/replace the chain since I would already be halfway there. Disregard if you already did this. (y)
I missed that part of your reply regarding the timing chain deflection. Ill check it tomorrow and get back to you.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts