Diesel Place banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The guy at the dealer said I have a water leak. I know I am loosing water because I do add 4 or 6 quarts of water every 500 miles or so. I cant find it but the stealer said it looked like it was coming from the rear of the engine somewhere. I had already paid him $707 to replace a wiring harness, I wasnt about to have him look for a water leak behind the engine that I can not find. I can add water 'till I get back home to my mechanic. Is there a hose or anything that I dont know about? I would have my doubts that its a gasket. Its not missing or out of sorts any kinda way. The stealer also test drove it (for the wiring) & he said he didnt notice anything out of order except there was some water on the ground near the rear of the engine.
Thanks
TC

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
The Engine coolant flows below the driver side exhaust in a pipe that goes to the Engine Oil Cooler, this is on the rear on the driver's side. This area has a lot of coolant flow.

I would watch it closely and fill until getting it home.

·
Registered
161 Posts
There is a crossover with oring seals in the trans adapter plate I have seen them leak that is a big job, pull tranny/ upper oil pan ect.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.