Diesel Place banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Questions:

I let my wife drive my truck(bad IdeaCensored ). She said when turning key on to let glow plugs cycle the water in fuel light came on. But soon as truck starts light goes out. Is there a problem here? Also truck died on her a couple times. The other night I drove awhile, parked truck for about an hour and then when went out to start it, it just cranked. After a few minutes it started(acted like what happens when a gasser floods.) Are these signs that the pmd is going bad? It has warmed up some here the last few days and I fueled(not gassed) at a different location than usual but still a reputable location. Truck has been running great till now.
:confused: :confused: :wtf:
Randy

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
does your WIF light come on with the rest of the idiot lights if it does its doing its job if it stays on after all the other lights have gone off you couldt have WIF or just a electrical problem how much fuel is in the tank fill it up and douse it with some diesel kleen 911

my 99 6.5td burban had the WIF light come on a few times but i never had WIF i belive its just a short never happend again

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
wif

Checked things out:

WIF light comes on and goes off with rest of idiot lights.
Also drove around neighborhood. Truck luanches really good and has great throttle response. So no wif. Other questions remain about the starting issues.

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Randy just a suggestion .

but do you hear your inline pump run when you turn on your ignition.. to test.. take the fuse off of the far swtich under the hood aginst the firewall..passenger side .. should be a black clip with a fuse in it...( closest to your air conditioner) . check the fuse on the next bolt sticking out..try to get a spark and see if you can hear the pump with the igntion on.. should hear it running ...if you dont its the pump..change it or youll dammage your injection pump.. 1800.00 bill.. the new pump is around 200.00..

I have the same truck and the same thing happend mine was the inline pump under the frame below the drivers side door ...... sounds like the same thing happens....sometimes it started ok sometimes it started then stalled and wouldnt start again....... once it ran it ran good but felt like water in the fuel... worth a try anyhow . good luck..

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Will do

Thanks for the suggestion. I can actually here the pump run most of the time when I turn the key. It just depends on the noise level around me. But I will get out the ol volt meter and dust of the cobwebs in the brain and do some testing today after work. Thanks Jen.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts