Diesel Place banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i filled up today where all of the big rigs do. i was about 50 miles from home. i drove alomost home and i got a water in fuel light. i didn't have a spare filter on me so i drained the water out of the bottom. now my question is my truck is runing like crap over 2200 rpm. did i get some water into my enigne? i am getting a new filter tomorrow moring so i will try to see if that helps out at all. if not i may have to call where i got diesel and see what they will do.

any more thoughts?

patrickEdited by: lave80

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
anyone have an idea what the power loss could be?

thanks patrick

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have had water in my filter a few times. Never got a light though. While driving on the interstate, truck would just lose all power, like it would go to an idle. Pulled over, played with the throttle a little and got it running again. One time, had to drive home 30 miles at 30 MPH on the interstate. A few weeks ago, the usual surging it has always done at an idle started to get worse. Dealer said I had water in my fuel. They wanted to pull my fuel tank, drain water and flush system all at my cost. I told them I would do that myself. I drove straight home, about 4 miles. The next morning my truck died while leaving my subdivision. The fuel pump came apart and GM will not pay for it even though their filter is supposed to catch the water and a light is supposed to come on and never did. My bill right now is gonna be around $2500 if no injectors are hurt- they are around $500 apiece. Do something quick. I am looking for a lawyer now to sue GM. A lady at GM just today told me that the damage was not a failure in their design or workmanship-BULL. I would change the filter and keep it and all the contents. If the truck ever breaks down, remove the filter and save all the contents. I have no way to know how much water was in the filter really. Good luck

1 - 3 of 3 Posts