Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sunday august 16th theres a pull at washington county fair in richmond RI pull starts at 10am...i'd get there around noon-one becauser diesels go last but the club likes help through out the day flagging and hooking trucks and what not. its 20 bucks to hook 20 to join the club(gotta join to pull) its 8500lb diesel gas and duallies...oh yeah and no pintle hooks!

·
Registered
2,325 Posts
I'll be there..................................with a new converter!!!! Hopefully I will get to compete.

·
Registered
987 Posts
been there , was a great time !

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Are you using the club sled or renting one?

sunday august 16th theres a pull at washington county fair in richmond RI pull starts at 10am...i'd get there around noon-one becauser diesels go last but the club likes help through out the day flagging and hooking trucks and what not. its 20 bucks to hook 20 to join the club(gotta join to pull) its 8500lb diesel gas and duallies...oh yeah and no pintle hooks!

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
snetpa is using they're usual stone boat...as far as i know i'll be going to the meeting next wednesday i'll find out...i'm doin a few new things to my truck hopefully will be on there by the fair...if i get my chevelle sold i'll have a lil money to maybe get an ats trans kit

·
Registered
2,325 Posts
snetpa is using they're usual stone boat...as far as i know i'll be going to the meeting next wednesday i'll find out...i'm doin a few new things to my truck hopefully will be on there by the fair...if i get my chevelle sold i'll have a lil money to maybe get an ats trans kit

ATS????

·
Registered
2,325 Posts
Co-pilot = Bad News. I haven't heard anyone who was satisfied with ATS especially their customer service. That red Ford (Carvahlos truck) has an ATS he had to replace it 3 times before it was right, and the co-pilot is still sitting on the bench at Pauls shop, it doesn't work right. I would go Suncoast or call MikeL and buy one of his kits.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Co-pilot = Bad News. I haven't heard anyone who was satisfied with ATS especially their customer service. That red Ford (Carvahlos truck) has an ATS he had to replace it 3 times before it was right, and the co-pilot is still sitting on the bench at Pauls shop, it doesn't work right. I would go Suncoast or call MikeL and buy one of his kits.
really? i've been going through all the threads and everyone has like their co-pilot and ats setup...hmm more to think about! more than likely wont end up happening till the pulling season is over who knows i'd like to have it done by then but i'm still in the middle of building this 496....

·
Registered
283 Posts
hopefully not my buddy does track prep there he's pretty good at grading i'm gonna suggest at the next meeting that we have a vibratory roller there too
they usually have one there seeing they use it to make the motorcross track...just a matter of someone driving it I would think:confuzeld

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
they usually have one there seeing they use it to make the motorcross track...just a matter of someone driving it I would think:confuzeld
roger that pete...its the one thing thats sucked bad this year is the track has been junk by time we get to it...weather its the loader operator rushing just to get us outa there or just operator error...it just plain sucks!

·
Registered
334 Posts
Sounds like a day out.Was at it a couple of years ago, did'nt know the diesels pulled last and left early.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Rich, if you go to the meeting I would highly suggest that you mention to them that they really need to speed up the process when they pull...if you go to NY or any pulls in the midwest, the pulls are only 3 min apart, they are like 8-10 min apart...makes it awful to watch, plus you see the same truck like 100 times...

I hope they get a transfer sled, if they do they should group a couple of the classes together like most other clubs do...I know it just goes in one ear and out the other, but maybe if enough people bring it up, something might get done...

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Rich, if you go to the meeting I would highly suggest that you mention to them that they really need to speed up the process when they pull...if you go to NY or any pulls in the midwest, the pulls are only 3 min apart, they are like 8-10 min apart...makes it awful to watch, plus you see the same truck like 100 times...

I hope they get a transfer sled, if they do they should group a couple of the classes together like most other clubs do...I know it just goes in one ear and out the other, but maybe if enough people bring it up, something might get done...
i dobt my opinons will matter i'm so new they dont care what i have to sayi'm still gonna bring it up...i honestly think most guys except a few are content with 2 or 3 trucks in each class...less competition! wesport therewas something like 20 trucks in the street class and 23 in the diesel...only 4 super stocks and count em 2 2wds...joel howard and frank cole...the only problem with cuttin classes is..we'd be there for a half hour! thats it theres just not enough trucks and damien suggested a 7,500lb diesel class! they're gonna "consider" it...my f*cking god i hope not

·
Registered
283 Posts
i dobt my opinons will matter i'm so new they dont care what i have to sayi'm still gonna bring it up...i honestly think most guys except a few are content with 2 or 3 trucks in each class...less competition! wesport therewas something like 20 trucks in the street class and 23 in the diesel...only 4 super stocks and count em 2 2wds...joel howard and frank cole...the only problem with cuttin classes is..we'd be there for a half hour! thats it theres just not enough trucks and damien suggested a 7,500lb diesel class! they're gonna "consider" it...my f*cking god i hope not

most other pulls else where dont last all day...I understand what your saying that there isnt many trucks but most likely the reason why there isnt many people pulling is because this club is so damn hard on your truck!

if you watch the NYTPA, you'll see a truck a tractor once, unless its in a pull off, which usually they have a floating finish line anyways...the sled is rough on the motor cuz ur balls to the wall off the line and your just creepin at the end(just like in your vid at westport, ****in revvin the piss outta your truck and going .5mph) and these guys do it like 6 times a day...

lol I know this is pointless seeing no one cares but if they saw how a 'real' NTPA sanctioned event was, they'd realize how un entertaining they are(or IMO unentaining)

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
most other pulls else where dont last all day...I understand what your saying that there isnt many trucks but most likely the reason why there isnt many people pulling is because this club is so damn hard on your truck!

if you watch the NYTPA, you'll see a truck a tractor once, unless its in a pull off, which usually they have a floating finish line anyways...the sled is rough on the motor cuz ur balls to the wall off the line and your just creepin at the end(just like in your vid at westport, ****in revvin the piss outta your truck and going .5mph) and these guys do it like 6 times a day...

lol I know this is pointless seeing no one cares but if they saw how a 'real' NTPA sanctioned event was, they'd realize how un entertaining they are(or IMO unentaining)
yea i hear ya...hopefulyl **** will change...otherwise i'm just haven fun...i'd like to pull with other clubs but its such a haul 3-4 hour rides to get to em..snetpa is in my backyard

1 - 20 of 34 Posts