Diesel Place banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to all! I was wondering if anybody had any experience with Shock Extenders? About two weeks ago I cranked my torsion bars up about 2" and put on my H2s and 315s... I love it! Some simple trimming and tie-backing and I was set. Tomorrow I'm having the front end aligned and on Sunday I'm going to work on the shocks to take out that bit of harshness (actually it's nothing I can't handle). I was wondering what to use to extend the shocks? Do I stick with washers and/or pipe, or those "Shock Extenders" that are on EBay. Basically they're sleeves with threaded tops that screw on the top of the shock enabling it to be compressed more before paced in the mount. Anyone have any experience with these? Any feedback is appreciated!

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
shock extenders work ok. they sell them at any autozone or o'reilly auto parts for $4-5 a pair. i used some on my 03 2500HD with the stock shocks with no problems until i bought some fabtech replacements.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Diesel625. I thought I knew the auto parts store pretty good, but I've never noticed them. We have an Autozone in town, maybe I'll stop by. Thanks again!

·
Registered
3,738 Posts
a half inch of stainless washers for less than a dollar works great.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts