Diesel Place banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Diesel Master
1,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Aside form the suspension, has anyone had any warrany issues with a lifted truck?

·
Registered
13 Posts
I bought my truck already lifted from the dealership so they said they would cover any warranty issues, but not to take it to any other dealership. Before this truck I had a lifted F250 and had warranty work done. I think as long as it's not suspension related you won't have a problem. Watch getting close to your 36,000 with bigger tires. The Ford dealership try to skip out on warranty work because the speedo was off due to bigger tires which also throws off the odometer.

·
Diesel Master
1,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Okay, anybody not have any warranty issues with their lifted truck? I am concerned mainly about the engine/tranny.

·
Registered
646 Posts
The dealership in Oregon I bought my truck from had it lifted and they said they would honor the warranty. I was @ a San Jose dealership where a friend of mine is the Service Manager and he said his dealership could'nt honor suspension warranty issues due to the lift kit.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Here some info on the Magnuson-Moss Act;

http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/conline/pubs/buspubs/warranty.htm

My .02 cents

They have to prove that the lift is what caused a problem. Before I purchased my truck I told my dealer my plans and sat down with the sales, service writers, and service managers so we were all on the same page. Warranty will not cover what is altered or replaced with aftermarket parts. For example if my gears go "boom" that's not GM's problem, I put 4.56 gearing in, now on the flip side say a wheel bearing goes did the gears cause the problem? They have to prove it. If my transmission has a problem they have to prove the lift is the cause. Most dealers get scared when they see a lift, mainly because it's the unknown. It's a hard topic to answer, each case will never be same.

·
Diesel Master
1,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The only problem with using Magnuson-Moss is though you will probably eventually win, they can drag you though a lot of crap in the process of getting there, and all the while they have your truck.

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
I could deal with denied warranty on suspension-related problems if it were obvious the lift caused the problem. I swallowed that bullet before getting the lift. However if the warranty issues are a real big concern and will prevent you from sleeping at night, I would recommend keeping her bone stock and only replacing light bulbs, windshield wipers and 245 tires when they wear out. Life is too short to sweat the small stuff.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Well said tophog... now on the other hand, if Blaine would stop jacking around and drive the thing his warranty would be pretty close to up on the 100,000 mile side

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
Hound, great idea ...wish I would have thought of that. Get a roller setup for the garage and run the truck on it 24x7 until 100K then we don't have to worry about stinkin warranties. Woudl probably get great mileage too.

·
Registered
514 Posts
LMAO now that may be takin it to new extremes

·
Registered
522 Posts
My dealer told me they'd honor warranty unless it was proven that the aftermarket part was the cause of the problem. So far I've had a few tiny issues and the dealer's been great. No questions asked, just replaced on warranty!

I guess it kinda helps too if you drop $70,000 for one truck at they're dealership. I made a few friends if you know what I mean

·
Registered
570 Posts
Zorganov said:
My dealer told me they'd honor warranty unless it was proven that the aftermarket part was the cause of the problem. So far I've had a few tiny issues and the dealer's been great. No questions asked, just replaced on warranty!

I guess it kinda helps too if you drop $70,000 for one truck at they're dealership. I made a few friends if you know what I mean

70,000?
What did they do gold plate the whole truck?

I know what you mean though. Give a Tip here and there$$$$.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts