Diesel Place banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My '02 developed a surge at idle at abut 80,000 miles, particularly after a cold start. I took it to the dealer and, after a couple tries, it showed the fuel pressure regulator had pressure swings of over 1,000 PSI. The FPRV was replaced and the cost was $800+. The tech at the dealer said that the labor code for the unit, J5560, is not part of the warranty? I no longer have the warranty book and the GM web-site does not specifically list this item as covered.
Any suggestions as I take another run at the dealer? I am in Nevada, no CA emmissions. 'and the replacement eliminated the surging!
Thanks

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
coverage code d is in the 5/100 and has a 100.00 deductable

Here, give them this Document ID# 1400051 describes what code D is
and here is using their labor op Document ID# 1073308

These are the document ID numbers from SI

·
Registered
808 Posts
This right here is why this sight is so great.

·
Registered
42 Posts
That and avatars like mikes!

·
Registered
193 Posts
where in nevada are u? if your in reno stop going to the other guy they are not looking out for you interests or wallet. come see me and ill make sure that crap doesnt happen to you. hope it works out for u another suggestion call the 800 number gm cust satisfactio line and pitch a fit. theyll fix it yesterday.

mike.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am in Gardnerville. 'sent an e-mail to the service manager late yesterday with details provided by Cobra. Mike, let me know more details of your shop in Reno.
Between company and family vehicles I am on my sixth full sized GM in the last 10 years. 'never had a problem with warranty or service work until.......
Thanks for all of the feedback.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That seem reasonable! Let me know when you head to Lake Tahoe for a vacation and I will take care of the accommodations to cover the fee.
Thanks again.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
coverage code d is in the 5/100 and has a 100.00 deductable

Here, give them this Document ID# 1400051 describes what code D is
and here is using their labor op Document ID# 1073308

These are the document ID numbers from SI

So, does this mean that the FPRV is or is not covered by the 5yr/100k warranty. I was going to take mine in for this in a couple of weeks.:eek:

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
It should be covered, I have had to change a few at the shop, that were covered under the 100k warranty.

Riley

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
Depending on if your truck is a california emissons truck, I think (dont hold me to this, I only have info on 04+) that the fpr is covered under the 5/100k emissions warranty which is a 0$ pay out.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Here is the happy ending... I shared the specifics provided by Cobra in an earlier post, (thanks again), with the service manager. He just called to say that "they worked it out"? and they would refund my payment less the $100 deductible. I suggested that he take the high road and waive the deductible for the inconvenience and he agreed.
Sam

·
Registered
174 Posts
Great outcome! BTW Cobra you just made another $33 if I apply your fee schedule to the refunded deductable!! :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts