Diesel Place banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Eagle Eyes
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a problem with my front axle locking, and had to do brakes anyways. So I found that both would lock okay, and it was only the drivers side having issues unlocking, the passanger side would unlock immediately.

they are warn premium hubs and I installed them about 2 years ago, have not had much use on them.

I take the hubs off today to fix the unlocking problem and get the rotors off to be recut. the drivers side hub body had disinagrated into 2 parts (hub body and inner drive part) and the spring behind it is all messed up. the passanger side hub body was still intact but there are aluminum shavings all over inside.

the axle is gm 10 bolt.

what couldve caused this? how can I prevent it from happening again? I think both are torn up enough to have to get all new ones.

any comment/suggestions would be helpful, thanks!

·
Registered
4,796 Posts
I wonder if some wiseguy locked your hubs out without your noticing, and you have been driving around with them locked for a while.

Regardless, Warn Premiums carry (I believe) a lifetime warranty. I'd check with Warn to see about them replacing these for you.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts