Diesel Place banner

wanting to stack

834 views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  LarryJewell 
#1 ·
yeah i was wondering if you guys could help me out on this? Im looking for the best chip to stack with my power pup. or is this a good idea? My truck often pops (check fuel filter) codes and im thinking this is becouse of a lack of fuel on the top end. becouse my filter is new, but i really dont know. Would a lift pump cure this? My pup usually stays on extreme and this is the only setting i get these codes on. Any info would be great thanks

#2 ·
Well if you are not getting enough fuel then stacking will make it worse. A lift pump might cure this. I am in the same situation as I have the triple dog on the crazy larry setting and the duraximizer. Soon to have at the boost controller see if that will smooth things out. I am also going to get a lift pump installed to see if that will help as well...

#4 ·
i want efi live really bad, but dont you need to have a dyno close to tune your truck? I think the closest is about 3 hours away.

#6 ·
I tune mine on empty streets. Only downfall is that I do the lower part of my tuning on good 2 lane roads up to about 50-55 mph, the upper part I run on the highway.

the track will be another good place to tune, once it opens up.

#7 ·
It all depends on how much HP you want. Bullydog is notorious for the fuel code. I am sure you are aware of all the supporting mods it comes with high HP right?

#8 ·
I would like to have about 450 rwhp or maybe 500, but i would settle for 400 if it was (clean and consistant) no weird codes. I have no idea what my truck is putting down right now. Its good enough to beat 99% of all the diesel trucks around here, and alot of the street cars, but i would like to have more. Not sure what the allison and transgo jr can handle on a daily basis.

#10 ·
LBZ_DUALLY;1569730; said:
i want efi live really bad, but dont you need to have a dyno close to tune your truck? I think the closest is about 3 hours away.
Dont need a dyno at all, most supporting vendors send you a tune when you buy efi. I got mine from McRat Racing. This is the best thing i've done to the tuck.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.