Diesel Place banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Since the edge attitude will not monitor engine coolent temp on an '01 and the fact that the OEM gauge is flakey at best, I want to add a digital temp gauge. If anyone has installed one what is the best method of installing the sensor?

Steven

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Kevinl,

Thanks for the response. I looked at the scan gauge a couple of days ago but I'm afraid it will not monitor the engine temp either as it also plugs into the can bus like the edge. I think my only option is to install a temp gauge and sensor.

Steven

·
Registered
5,274 Posts
StevenE;1575443; said:
Kevinl,

Thanks for the response. I looked at the scan gauge a couple of days ago but I'm afraid it will not monitor the engine temp either as it also plugs into the can bus like the edge. I think my only option is to install a temp gauge and sensor.

Steven
I' m not sure what your saying but it definantly reads coolant temp

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
For some reason, the water temp info is not being transmitted to the '01 ECM via the same connections that the Edge uses. This prevents the Edge from being able to monitor the temp. If the scan gauge connects to the same connections then it probably can not monitor it either. This only applies to the '01. How does the scan gauge connect to the truck?

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
I believe the scan gauge connects to the OBD2 port so it can read the coolant temp.

·
Registered
5,274 Posts
yes it connects to the obd2 port We have a 01 dmax at work I will plug in my scan gauge and make sure it will read coolant which I assume it will since the only thing it wouldn't work on is C7500

1 - 8 of 8 Posts