Diesel Place banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
To all,

I am almost ready to move onto LLY tuning.....I need another few weeks to finish up my LB7 testing and some more dyno time, but I am starting on LLY tuning probably this week.

I am looking for two LLY test trucks, one close to me in CT/NY and one close to Trippin in CA, no emailing of tunes to members will be done, Sorry.......;) .......I have too much time invested in this.

Requirements:

1) You MUST have a built transmission to even be considered, if you don't don't even ask to be considered.
2) You definately need Lift Pumps to support the tune I plan on working on.....:eek:
3) You must have Boost and EGT Gauges also.
4) You would need to be available for frequent tune changes if necessary.
5) Willing to Dyno your truck when the time comes at my expense.

The tunes will be loaded to your ECM or onto your own spare ECM by myself or Trippin, the ECM will be locked down after loading to protect my time investment testing and developing these tune/tunes and Trippin's time investment helping me develope these tunes.

If anyone wants to be a crash test dummy PM me.

I'll give it a few days and see who wants to be a tune tester.

Thanks,

T:cool: NY

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
You know my situation but I'm still willing if we can work out the misc. details. I'm going to make some calls this week for a spare ECM.

·
Registered
327 Posts
GMC 2002,

DAMB!!! You timing stinks. (or maybe my timing stinks)
I've got the green to purchase EFI live but I haven't pulled the trigger because my tranny fund ain't full yet.

·
Registered
257 Posts
How far away is Trippin from San Luis Obispo CA?

·
Registered
11,469 Posts
To all,

no emailing of tunes to members will be done, Sorry.......;) .......I have too much time invested in this.

Thanks,

T:cool: NY

Awwww pleease...I wan't to roast my Tranny...;)

Hey Tony I see your movin up in the world...Won't be on your knees much longer...):h

·
Registered
593 Posts
well i have just got a big shot of moonshine:drinking: so guys sorry but you don't know what your missing :stick_out i have just been named the mr beta i have a smile ear to ear now.
tony :pimp: and trippin :cool_shad played with my truck today and by the time i left trippins well lets say i might have to buy new tire's soon lol.
i love my new boost feels like i got a new turbo:driver: the boost follows the go pedal and now i already forgot what turbo lag is. so now no more stuff in my cubbys in my dash i'm tired of picking them up out of my back seat:lol:
who would ever thought a truck this heavy could be this fast.
big thanks to tony and trippin i can't wait for the next shot of moonshine i can't even imagin it getting faster or smoother running oh yea even cured my surging.:grd:

·
Premium Member
20,561 Posts
Can I be a beta tester for the BD Supermax EVIL tune? :D

·
Registered
593 Posts
omg ben if you drive my truck you might think did i need a new turbo lol moonshine kicks azzz

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Damn I wish that I had and LLY with a Supermax and a built tranny!!!! Need any beta testers for an LB7 with a stock turbo and a soon to be built tranny, tranny fund is so close to full I can almost smell it!

·
Registered
7,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well i have just got a big shot of moonshine:drinking: so guys sorry but you don't know what your missing :stick_out i have just been named the mr beta i have a smile ear to ear now.
tony :pimp: and trippin :cool_shad played with my truck today and by the time i left trippins well lets say i might have to buy new tire's soon lol.
i love my new boost feels like i got a new turbo:driver: the boost follows the go pedal and now i already forgot what turbo lag is. so now no more stuff in my cubbys in my dash i'm tired of picking them up out of my back seat:lol:
who would ever thought a truck this heavy could be this fast.
big thanks to tony and trippin i can't wait for the next shot of moonshine i can't even imagin it getting faster or smoother running oh yea even cured my surging.:grd:
LLY testing has just begun, Finally !!!!

Judging from the results of the file changes I made they will tune very easily and react like LB7's do if you let the Turbo do what it wants.

No boost stick, no boost controller, just the right tuning.........:cool:

We limited the boost to between 30-32 psi, we may knock it down a little to 29-30 psi and see what changes that makes.......we also will play with the fuelng some more.

The log files Rob sends me will tell me what I need to know.........:)

Thanks for offering to BETA TEST Rob,

OH,

BTW, if your tires are bald by Monday, SORRY ABOUT YOUR LUCK ............):h

T;) NY

·
Premium Member
20,561 Posts
We limited the boost to between 30-32 psi, we may knock it down a little to 29-30 psi
as long as you're below 52 PSI, its all good.):h Tony knows first hand what an LLY turbo crying for mercy sounds like!!:eek:

·
Registered
593 Posts
just something i wanted to also add was the new tune just smokes little not like it did so now i can use the power with out atracting attention to myself

·
Registered
847 Posts
Yea! I saw that from YOU! On saturday!:D

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Gave my tires a good workout today, thanks for coming out Saturday Bobby...let me know if you have any ?'s.

Sorry to hijack

1 - 17 of 17 Posts