Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A buddy, not close has traded up.

I want some Chrome wheels, and he said he would sell me his for cheap.

Anyone running some on a 2500 GM truck?

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
70 looks and no pics,

Come on guys help a brother out.

·
Registered
330 Posts
nobody will admit to knowing someone that owns a dodge.

:) :)

·
Registered
983 Posts
Do they fit? In order to get H2 wheels to fit on a Dodge, you have to do some machine work in the center. I would think dodge wheels on a Chevy would no longer be hub centric.

OCDUNE

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
What's a Dodge?:badidea:

·
Registered
106 Posts
Dictionary dot com uses this for the definition of dodge

dodge

1. To avoid by moving or shifting quickly aside.
2. To evade by cunning, trickery, or deceit

I think I would avoid them, because that is what it stands for.
:lol:

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I enjoyed the Dodge jokes, but does anyone want to really answer the question?

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
I have never seen that setup personally... I figured it was due to the fact there is a goat-head on the center caps?

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
if a h2 rim will fit on a ram, id assume it will work on a 2500. and as for the center caps u can modify the ram caps to fit the h2 rims so im pretty sure u can get the chevy caps on the dodge rims.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
The center hole size is larger on the Dodge wheels. This means no longer hub centric but lug centric. Would probably cause a wheel-lug failure.

·
Registered
563 Posts
I believe the hubs are bigger on the dodge that is why the centers of the H2 wheels have to be milled out Had a buddy do this. I would think the dodge wheels would more or less bolt on.

·
Registered
3,509 Posts
I could be wrong, so i'm sorry if i am. I pretty sure chevy wheels are lug centric anyway. That is why the lugs have a tapper to them. If you notice when running up the lugs, they are what center the rim.

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
Nope, the PYO's are indeed a hub centric wheel ...but the majority of aftermarket wheels are lug centric so I don't think this would be an issue ...as long as the wheels are true.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well guys a buddy, has volunteered his truck wheels to see what it would look like

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
I would like to see if our stock caps will work...

·
Registered
3,509 Posts
If they are hub centric, why have tappered lug nuts? Also, their is no hub in the front. So are the fronts not hub centric? Also the non hd's have no full floating axles, so no hub. Yet, they have the same wheels.

·
Registered
329 Posts
I believe you can only swap wheels between Ford and Dodge HD Trucks.

·
Registered
201 Posts
If they are hub centric, why have tappered lug nuts? Also, their is no hub in the front. So are the fronts not hub centric? Also the non hd's have no full floating axles, so no hub. Yet, they have the same wheels.

Cheyenne is correct, the factory wheels on the front of the 2500HD are not hub centric.

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
Cheyenne is correct, the factory wheels on the front of the 2500HD are not hub centric.
I respectively disagree :) My PYO's are centered based on the center hub area mount tight to the center hub area. With no lug nuts on the wheel there is no play/space betwen the wheel hole and hub. The tire shop also told me they are hub centric. We are talking the PYO wheels correct? :confused:

Only a few threads I found regarding the topic which has been discussed lots of times in the past.

http://dieselplace.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13988&highlight=hub+centric

http://dieselplace.com/forum/showthread.php?t=36130&highlight=hub+centric

http://dieselplace.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46320&highlight=hub+centric

1 - 20 of 31 Posts