Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to buy some aftermarket gauges for my truck. I am going with autometer white face pyro and boost but don't know which ones I want. Either phantom or ultra lite. I want some pics of your gauges to help me decide. Night photos would really help so I can see what they are like when lit up. And any info on them would be a plus. Thanks guys

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
ditto, I got ultralights in mine.

·
Registered
125 Posts

I really like my ultralights. I put leds in and it really glows. The picture does not give it justice. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Mine aren't white faced, but you can check em out anyway. Best looking night gauges that i've personally seen.............other than nexus's. Check out my garage.

·
Premium Member
20,558 Posts
mine are in my garage Autometer Nexus. Love em..

·
Premium Member
20,558 Posts
Do them gauges turn all them different colors!? May I ask how much them cost?
Yeah!!! It includes a little remote control that has buttons you can press to display PEAK values, dimming, and change colors on the fly. You can also set "warning" levels...like I have mine set that if I exceed 1550 degrees, the whole gauge turns RED! You can also insert an SD memory card into a slot on the remote and record data from the gauges as well. I highly reccomend them. Theres a video of them in operation on the VIDEOs section.

They are expensive, which is why I waited (saved my money) and didnt have gauges for the longest time. But theyre worth it...look on ebay for much better prices. Expect to pay 100-150 for the control module, 100-150 for the EGT gauge, and 150 for the boost gauge. Those are all ebay prices...

--ben

·
Registered
609 Posts
Mine are also Autometer, but the black face with red needles, the black face really blends nice with factory dash and not too bright while I am driving at night.....

·
Registered
247 Posts
Standard AutoMeter with Trippin Mount...

·
Registered
629 Posts
Mine are also Autometer, but the black face with red needles, the black face really blends nice with factory dash and not too bright while I am driving at night.....
Agreed. See my garage for a pic. --Paul.

·
Registered
3,026 Posts
where do you get the Trippin Mount?

·
Registered
72 Posts
How hard is it to install the gauges and the control module? I would like to have the gauges install in the overhead compartment above the rear view mirror.

·
Registered
843 Posts
hey ben,

what are the part numbers on your gauges? looking at autometer's website, I only seen a boost gauge that goes to 30 psi. I know yours goes higher.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
20,558 Posts
The part number for the 60 PSI boost gauge is "6470".

Autometer never updates their website. Summit Racing has them, just do a search for "6470". Summit is cheaper than Jegs by about 20 bucks IIRC.

·
Banned
569 Posts
Here are my Ultra-lites:
<big snip of photos>
bobo,

Why did you put in gauges, along with the Edge Attitude? I thought the Attitude already showed boost/pyro values.

Which brings up another question. Can the Attitude be used for gauges if you aren't using the Juice, or does it get all of its info through the Juice? I couldn't really find this info on Edge's web site.

Joseph

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Check my garage, SPA 211 mounted in a Trippin "Cyclops" anodized billet mount.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Which brings up another question. Can the Attitude be used for gauges if you aren't using the Juice, or does it get all of its info through the Juice? I couldn't really find this info on Edge's web site.

Joseph
No, the attitude get's all the info from the juice, even the pryo hooks to the juice, so you can put it on 0, and read all your info, but you'll need the juice to send the signal to the attitude.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts