Diesel Place banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
309 Posts
I went through the same wait as you, August-to-Oct, last year. It drives you buggy. you are going to love your truck. I've got over 16K miles on mine and it keeps getting stronger and smoother all the time.

One thing you should seriously consider is a 2 micron fuel filter - the sooner/the better. I don't think that the OEM filter is too hot. Any particulates in the fuel above 2 microns running through the high pressure, 23,500 psi, fuel injector pump and injectors can, over time, have a sandblasting effect upon your pump and injectors.

Not trying to be an alarmist but a good filter gives good peace of mind. I seem to have gotten some addtional power/acceleratioon smoothness since my install. Many claim to get an increased mpg or so.

On edit: Fixed my spelling. Also I see that most others have also recommended the filter. Sorry if my recommendation is redundant.Edited by: Mr X

· Registered
309 Posts
Hey gwmayes,

I see you have a Sunnybrook. I have a '98, 27' front kitchen. The DMAX tows it around like a toy.

Used to pull it with a Durango. It pulled pretty good but all those little red lights would come on by the time I got to the top of the mountains around here!

Both Sunnybrook and DMAX have been solid as could be.

· Registered
309 Posts
I got the 45 gal Transfer Flow tank and can tow my 7.000, 27' trailer about 400 miles w/o refueling. You can go exploring those "way out of the way" places w/o worry of locating diesel. Best mod yet for my truck.

I went to their facility in Chico, CA for install at a special discount. Very nice plant and people. I had also checked out the Aero Tank tanks and facility close-by my home.

After what I saw, I decided to go with the Transfer Flow even though it was a 1,000 round-trip to get it installed.

All the Camping World locations are authorized installers.

· Registered
309 Posts
My buddy just got a 1500 HD gasser, Crew Cab, Quadrasteer, 6.0L gasser, for $26,000. Sticker was $37,000. He wasn't really in the market for a truck, just testing the waters, but couldn't pass it up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.