Diesel Place banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2002 GMC 3500 HD with a Duramax. Today my WTS light started flickering. The more bumps I ran over the more it flickers. It will go out when at a complete stop. It will come on and stay on while coming to a stop or on an accelerated take off.

The local dealer wants $85 just to look at it. It seems as though something is loose and is causing the light to flicker.

The truck runs fines. Starts fine.

Any ideas on what and where to check before I take it in?

Thanks.

·
Registered
16,609 Posts
Almost sounds like a wire shorting out to ground.

Do you have a remote start in it?

·
Registered
16,609 Posts
Do you know if it is hooked to the wait to start light or does it use a timer to wait for the glow plugs?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The installer who installed the Remote Start will check it out for free. I think that might be a good place to start.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
it is tied in with the WTS light. I also verified with the Remote installer that it is tied in that way. He suggested to let them look at it before I go to the dealer.

·
Registered
16,609 Posts
Yes, especially if it is hooked into the wait to start wire. He probably didn't tape the wire up well enough or his wire rubbed through somewhere. If that is the case, ask him to look everything through real well. Hopefully it is an isolated incident and the rest of the install is good.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Max Power! I would not have even given the remote start a thought. At least they will check it out for free first.

·
Registered
16,609 Posts
That's because they don't want a $200 bill from the stealer to find the problem ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts