Diesel Place banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
WD hitch

I have to buy a WD hitch in the spring and want to get advise from others as to what they think of a certain manufacter. I want to know if a round bar, flat bar or even the trunnion is the best. Also what are you using for sway control. I kind of like the Dual Cam Sway Control & the Dual Cam High Performance Sway Control over the friction. I would think over a course of time the friction would start to wear on the slides. For info I am pulling a Keystone Sprinter 33' with a gross of 9300#. I am going to pull this with a 2005 Chevy 3500 4X4 Crew Cab, Long Bed equioped with a Duramax with auto trans. thank for any help. Hope this is the right section of this forum for this question.

Attachments

·
Commissioner Gordon
5,139 Posts
Personally I love my Equal-I-Zer www.equalizerhitch.com
By the time you buy a WD setup + say controls, the Equal-i-zer is an all in one package and, to me, a far better setup.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
WD hitch

Rttoys what kind of bio-diesel do you run in the red 2 wheeler?

Attachments

·
Commissioner Gordon
5,139 Posts
):h No diesel or rice,just tea.

I see your's has training wheels.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
WD hitch

I have to run the high price tea in mine.

Attachments

·
Commissioner Gordon
5,139 Posts
My Triumph (avatar picture) is high priced tea, the other two are regular.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
WD hitch

both my Harleys take the high price stuff

Attachments

·
Registered
213 Posts
I hauled a 29' camper with my 02 d-max with 2-600 # atv's on top of the back bed. I used reese 600# bars with no sway control. Now I use just one sway control without any problems. Mine was a short bed, cc, 2500d/a. Make sure if you go with spring bars (reese or equivalent) you get the right weight for your camper. One call to your camper dealer should give you the answers.

I am actually thinking of going with firestone air bags to help make my ride more stable.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts