Diesel Place banner

VR straps

6K views 63 replies 35 participants last post by  hdfatboy 
#1 ·
Are these still available and if not is there an alternative product or company .

#3 ·
I already did. He said he has no imediate plans to do any in the near future.
Sounds like I need some other people interested.
In the meantime does anyone know of anybody else or suppliers?

#4 ·
there were some cheap rip-offs on ebay a while back. Nothing beats the original, though.

Why not put up a "Anyone want any VR straps?" thread, and see if there's any interest....

#9 ·
Rules of the forum. He made and sold a batch on here and you are not allowed to hawk or sell without being a vendor. He paid - standup guy. Has a full-time job and a family and never made the straps for profit or as a "business." Stand-up guy who made a quality item in small batches.

#12 ·
GREAT product.....love mine:

#13 ·
Put me down for one.
Does anyone know if they will work on an avalanche?
If they do depending on the price I may take five.

#14 ·
I only do these in batches now from time to time. I just sold out saturday and haven't placed a new order yet.

Yes I modified them to work with Avy's and P/U's.

my question is why do you have 5 Avalanches?):h

the limited vendor deal is as Tom says. I made a small donation, and I do mean small for what I've received in info back from here.

#19 ·
Work

my question is why do you have 5 Avalanches?):h.
I have two partners and two other supervisors that drive the partners old hand me downs. They like the avalanches, they like the weather proof "trunk" and such for the blueprints and other crap they haul around. I pull my toys in addition to some work trailers so I opted for the Dmax. Now that I have the retrax cover they are jealous.

#16 ·
VR straps kept my tailgate from coming completely off during Katrina (145 mph sustained, higher gusts). The right side latching stud (not part of the VR strap) torqued and bent the sheetmetal, allowing my tailgate to flap free, but I found it still hanging on by the VR straps. No doubts about loading up my Harley dresser now.

This is a great product.

#17 ·
VR straps kept my tailgate from coming completely off during Katrina (145 mph sustained, higher gusts). The right side latching stud (not part of the VR strap) torqued and bent the sheetmetal, allowing my tailgate to flap free, but I found it still hanging on by the VR straps. No doubts about loading up my Harley dresser now.

This is a great product.
That right there is about the best product endorsement I've ever read. :thumb:

Rick, you topped Mother Nature. Unreal.

#24 ·
wow Jeff haven't seen you active here for a while

Anyhow, it's not that I don't want to offer them anymore, just that it's a hard for me to make these and ship them in a timely manner. I've been traveling more for work lately, a lot which happens on weekends, because most places can't take their robots offline except for the weekends and that's the only time I get to work on them. My next trip will likely be Oakland CA -:t

I'm going to start shopping around for a machine shop that can do the pin work for me, especially since my die has cut it's last pin due to use, I'm out of grooving bits which can take a few weeks to get sometimes.

If I can find a machine shop that make these for me without a detrimental cost burden I'll continue to offer these until.......

#25 ·
I am interested.

#29 ·
Sign me up for 2 sets

I'd take 2 sets!!!!!!!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.