Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are these still available and if not is there an alternative product or company .

·
Bac To The Future
23,029 Posts
The man making them is Victory Red. His name is Rick. Send him a PM.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I already did. He said he has no imediate plans to do any in the near future.
Sounds like I need some other people interested.
In the meantime does anyone know of anybody else or suppliers?

·
Bac To The Future
23,029 Posts
there were some cheap rip-offs on ebay a while back. Nothing beats the original, though.

Why not put up a "Anyone want any VR straps?" thread, and see if there's any interest....

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That sounds good, thanks for the warning about cheap imitations

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Whats a limited vendor

·
Registered
6,504 Posts
Sooooo....if Victory Red isn't making VR straps, why is he a limited vendor.....:confused:
Rules of the forum. He made and sold a batch on here and you are not allowed to hawk or sell without being a vendor. He paid - standup guy. Has a full-time job and a family and never made the straps for profit or as a "business." Stand-up guy who made a quality item in small batches.

·
Registered
219 Posts
... I've been hoping.. and watching ...

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
If anybody wants some VR straps let him know or post here

·
Registered
3,756 Posts
GREAT product.....love mine:

·
Registered
134 Posts
Put me down for one.
Does anyone know if they will work on an avalanche?
If they do depending on the price I may take five.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
I only do these in batches now from time to time. I just sold out saturday and haven't placed a new order yet.

Yes I modified them to work with Avy's and P/U's.

my question is why do you have 5 Avalanches?):h

the limited vendor deal is as Tom says. I made a small donation, and I do mean small for what I've received in info back from here.

·
Banned
131 Posts
they have been great for me. the only quirk i have with them is the little plate on the strap is kinda sharp and it cut me once. other than that, they are a top-notch product.

·
Registered
664 Posts
VR straps kept my tailgate from coming completely off during Katrina (145 mph sustained, higher gusts). The right side latching stud (not part of the VR strap) torqued and bent the sheetmetal, allowing my tailgate to flap free, but I found it still hanging on by the VR straps. No doubts about loading up my Harley dresser now.

This is a great product.

·
Bac To The Future
23,029 Posts
VR straps kept my tailgate from coming completely off during Katrina (145 mph sustained, higher gusts). The right side latching stud (not part of the VR strap) torqued and bent the sheetmetal, allowing my tailgate to flap free, but I found it still hanging on by the VR straps. No doubts about loading up my Harley dresser now.

This is a great product.
That right there is about the best product endorsement I've ever read. :thumb:

Rick, you topped Mother Nature. Unreal.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
And for those of us who dont have them maybe he'll start making some again soon.
We all have Harley's to load and want to do it safely.:ro)

·
Registered
134 Posts
Work

my question is why do you have 5 Avalanches?):h.
I have two partners and two other supervisors that drive the partners old hand me downs. They like the avalanches, they like the weather proof "trunk" and such for the blueprints and other crap they haul around. I pull my toys in addition to some work trailers so I opted for the Dmax. Now that I have the retrax cover they are jealous.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Put me down for a set!

1 - 20 of 64 Posts