Diesel Place banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok folks here's the scoop.

I got a good quote back today so I ordered up 25 sets of these to be made with the current design. ETA to me is around 19th of this month. I'll need a day or two to do the finish work(pins, spring, cap) but should easily be available for the end of the year if not a little sooner.

These first ones will match Hoot's and the ones I'm currently using. Everything is in stainless 11 gauge steel(roughly 1/8 inch) with a #4 finish(prettier), 3/8" Clevis stainless, spring steel .010 stainless, and an axle cap on the Clevis(not stainless at least haven't found them yet, but plated steel), 3/8" teflon washer between the lower and upper strap. As for "bumper material" I'm still working on that as well.

Price is $46 shipped to your door per set. Mobowhunter, and A64pilot, since you're not getting demo's(why at this point??) but you both offered to test run these for me I'll make you a special offer on these via PM so contact me please(and Mackin if you're interested for the supply of the spring material).

Now I have no idea how many people will jump on these at first, but the initial people that contacted me have first dibs on these, so if you're still interested contact me via PM

Whatever may be left over will go first come first serve.

Should these initally sell out, I'll only be ordering these in quantities of 25 sets or higher(price break). So there may be a delay in order from time to time. I haven't yet decided whether or not to front more of my personal funds for a stock of these, demand will dictate that.

As of right now I will only accept personal checks/money orders etc. I may look into PayPal for those more comfortable with that.

On Edit: I took out my personal e-mail for the moment. I'm going to set up a new account to take just the orders for the straps. So for the meantime just PM me please.Edited by: Victory Red

·
Registered
170 Posts
You have mail

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
I'm in for a set.

"VR Straps"

COOL

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
For those of you who have already e-mailed me, thanks I think I've replied to all of them(if not yell at me again). Also please include your screen name, full name and a return address in your message. Also to make things easier on me, send all messages to the Private Messenger. It'll make it much easier for me to track this.

I'm going to set up a new e-mail address to take the orders on these for my ease, so please for the time being PM me with the details rather than my personal e-mail right now.

Edited by: Victory Red

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
GMC-2002-Dmax said:
Count me in,

Send mine with Mackin's if he is getting a set from ya.........

Lemme know the details.

T
NY
Have I every used my tailgate ???

Mac

·
Registered
6,504 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=ltr style="MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">

Mac

</BLOCKQUOTE>
Sure you have, Mac! You've shown it to a lot of Fords and Dodges and riceboys!

(How do you put in those nice boxed quotes, anyway?)

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
Idle_Chatter said:
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=ltr style="MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">

Mac

</BLOCKQUOTE>
Sure you have, Mac! You've shown it to a lot of Fords and Dodges and riceboys!

(How do you put in those nice boxed quotes, anyway?)

Press the quote icon in the upper right hand courner of the post you want to quote ....

Mac

·
Registered
35 Posts
You have mail

·
Registered
194 Posts
What is this? not sure what you are selling but look slike the big dogs all want one....so count me in...hahahah....seriously

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well I've sold 19 of the first 25 already. So hopefully I've replied to everyone that has contacted me, if it seems I've missed you yell at me, I'm not used to all the private messages and e-mails I've gotten in the last 24hrs so I may have goofed here or there.

I've also created a new e-mail account. mailto:[email protected]

so feel free to forward me a message there or PM me if you're still interested(or I missed someone). Also with any comments/concerns or if you're really unsure we can arrange for a voice contact if you prefer.

I won't be adding to this initial order. I prefer to send out this run, let people play with these for a while and hopefully many of you will offer up feedback/comments/suggestions.

Whether or not I do this again will be dictated on a future demand. Edited by: Victory Red

·
Registered
7,698 Posts
You've got mail.

JP

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Heartbeat I put you on my list but couldn't reply via PM for some reason it kept saying user not found. Must be a bug in the system with your name.

·
Registered
9 Posts
vic red, sent 2 e-mails re strap order, did you receive,? Mike.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
MGM-2,

yes I got your mails and responded.

Pgun,

I'm out at the moment unless someone backs out, but trust me as many mails as I'm getting there will be a second runoff in the very near future.

I received several checks today and responded to them all except for one initials L.E.A. Sorry but I'm not sure who you are. I must've lost you in the shuffle somehow so I can't e-mail or PM you back.

Anyhow for a bunch of diesel belching guys you sure have been polite, one guy sent a return address label, a few have sent nice notes, one even gave me a few extra bucks as a 'tip'.

I never was in this for personal gain, I'm just waiting for the next GTG I can attend so I can see a bunch of people with something I made and actually not swear at me for once(i.e. work) LOL

I just have to find a way to get the wife and kids stop telling me I'm obsessed with that 7,000lb of steel.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts