Diesel Place banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got the majority of this done today

That part is going pretty smoothly. I also put a small chamfer on each piece to take away any sharp edges. It's not quite as fancy as the factory, but then all it needs to do is keep these from popping off and this will work just fine. I may cover the area of the rivets with a plastic shrink tube, but not quite sure as of yet.

As for the new parts I ordered. Well the new covers(look like the button) look really cool.

The press on bushing to hold the pin more secure, well do the words "it was a complete bust" mean anything to you???

There's just not enough material to properly hold the pin against a strong flex. So my last resort is to groove each pin and use a good ol'fashion snap ring.

I'm at my wits end for this part. At times I wish I'd have used a simple rivet, but I dont like it's there forever part and difficult to replace(if need be) for the end users.

Needless to say it's coming along, but not as smooth as I'd like. I will still get these out in the very near future, but a little tweaking is now required.

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Dont let it get ya down VR, you have come up with what looks to be a very good product, you always have bugs to work out, I mean look at a 6.0 furd, your setbacks are minor!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts