Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I made some finals today. I even got 4 sets out in the mail this afternoon. I know, 4 sets isn't much, but I should have the rest fully completed and shipped by the end of the week.

They look like this

Notice I went from the 'hat' to a button. The button is there more for looks at this point than anything. I ended up having to groove each Clevis pin. A little more work, but this allows me to place in an E-style retaining ring which will hold extremely well(this was my toughest issue to tackle).

There will be a price adjustment on these for the next run. How much I'm not exactly sure as of yet, but rough numbers will put these right near the $50 mark shipped(maybe a little more, maybe a little less) right now I'm concentrating on finishing these and shipping. My shipping guess was close to on. $3.95 was the cheapest, $5.05 was the most expensive(Canadian customers if I get any may have to be quoted first). Add in a little tape, the envelope and some bubble wrap for the pieces and it all seems good.

I also haven't received checks from 6 people. 1 of which may be a lost one that I've communicated privately with that person. So at this point I'm going to offer up 5 unclaimed sets first come first serve.

PM or e-mail me if still interested.

On edit, I didn't include any installation instructions. I'm not sure if I'm going to(or really need to for that matter). The hardest part is that on the bolt screwed in to the latch there's a 5 prong retaining ring that needs to be removed. Simply unscrew the 13mm screw and once you get a little bit of clearance insert a flat blade screwdriver or needle nose pliers to hold in place and finish removing the bolt.

Edited by: Victory Red

·
Banned
6,539 Posts
They work perfect!

·
Registered
169 Posts
Victory...................youv'e got mail !

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey Stoner,

I e-mailed you back. We can meet up and I can deliver these personally(save you the shipping costs, but it may cost you a beer LOL). You're only an hour or so away from me. I can hand you off a set Wednesday if you want(I'm off all day) if, we can make some other arrangements.Edited by: Victory Red

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Actually, I don't think that picture does the finish any real justice, but now that some are getting out, I'll let others comment on it.

The steel you sent me works perfect, I just wish I could find a prettier way to attach it than the two rivets. I guess the wife is right, sometimes there's just no pleasing me(although with some things I wish she'd try a little harder)

·
Registered
812 Posts
Victory Red, I'm going to resend a check today and cancel check # 1544. If it shows up, don't try to cash it. New check # is 1551.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Aketay,

I'm suprised in this day and age a letter can still get lost. Anyhow I reserved your set anyhow so np you'll still get one.

The leftovers I had are now gone. Starting sometime over the weekend or early next week(once I've shipped all the sets I've received payment for) I'll setup a Paypal account(as an option) and start taking pre-orders for a second run. My plan is to leave it open for a 2 week period in hopes that everyone who wants these can get these on this run. Whether or not this becomes a monthly renewal will more than likely be dictated by future demand. I'm not making enough extra on these to stock these(hell I'm may not even break even on these first 25 but that's more my fault with on the fly changes).

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Mackin said:
Man they look sweet !!!!!

Mac

I got my set today and not only does the picture look "sweet !!!!!" but the actual straps look better than the pic....
The workmanship is excellent with a nice finish on the whole assembly, great job Rick.

Rick is looking for some feedback and I REALLY wish I could give more, but since my truck isn't here yet.....

I'm going to go show them to my dealer and see what he thinks, and rest assured as soon as the new "baby" shows up, that will be one of the first mods.

·
Registered
3,291 Posts
Hi Victory Red,

I recieved my straps on Wednesday, 12/31/03. Didn't get to install them yet. It looks like a very nice product, well designed and built. Thanks for including me.

Modified

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm not so much looking for compliments on the finish but waiting for some of the people to install them and get some heavy use into them. I've had my sets(prototype and finals) on for at least six weeks, Hoot has had his for maybe a month or so.

I just need to know this design will hold up, or help me find a way to improve upon them if I can/need to.

Zeeb, gotta admire you though, already buying "accessories" for truck you don't even own yet
. I'm also curious as to what your dealer says about them.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Rcvd mine on Wednesday also. Look GREAT! Will install this weekend (I hope). Thanks VR.

·
Registered
7,698 Posts
VR,

How about a list of those who are getting this first run or an email notification. I know that there was a problem with my PM not working and I want to make sure everything is kopasetic. Thanks.

JP

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ask and ye shall receive

Wanadmxsub shipped 12.29.03

Zeeb shipped 12.29.03

Ragtop shipped 12.29.03

Modified shipped 12.29.03

Due to the recent death in my family these will go out by on or before the 10th(as I can finish them up)

Idle Chatter

Cricket

Torqueaholic

Duallyvette

Firelt

HoustonDMax

A64Pilot

FirstDiesel

The following people I'm not sure of the screen names, but here's your initials and locale

T. D. O. Baytown, TX

J.B. Willow Spring, NC

J.P. Evansville, IN(Heartbeat Hauler I believe)

P.B. Bellvue, IL

W.J.B. Bowling Green, OH

K.J.O. Feura Bush, NY(2 sets)

If you're not on this list, it means I haven't received a check from you yet.

I once again apologize for the delay, but it just isn't possible for me to break away long enough to finish and mail these sets. It wasn't my intention to delay these but it was an unavoidable situation. I hope you're all not getting too anxious or are losing faith in me.

I set up a PayPal account late last night for the next run(as an option). I won't take any additional orders until I get these first ones finished and shipped. There will be a slight price increase for the second run, of which I haven't had the time to do the math yet. A 3% charge will also be added to those who wish to use credit card via PayPal added to the next batch.

Edited by: Victory Red

·
Registered
612 Posts
No problems on this end ... just glad to know they will soon be on their way

Sorry to hear of the death in your family

Jim

·
Registered
170 Posts
Whenever you get to it is great with me. Don't worry about it

Thanks

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
While these last few days have been a drain on me and my family I give my word that these will be finished and hit the mail either Saturday(10th) or Monday(12th) at the very latest in case I miss the Post Office hours on Saturday.

I appreciate the patience and understanding I've received from you all with my personal life interuptions, but also understand I've made a commitment to you all as well with these that I am doing my best to uphold. It's been a little more difficult than I expected(but still fun) and right now with all that has transpired the last few days I'm quite drained.

I will ship saturday and monday with hopes most of you receive your straps by the end of next week.

Thank You.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Thanks again Rick.

·
Registered
11,469 Posts
Rick,

I'm Sorry for your loss, I know how it is, I lost my Father a week ago today and still haven't been able to pick myself up. My families thoughts and prayers will be with you as well.

With Deepest Sympathy,

Pepperidge

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks all for your kind words, but I try my best to be a respectable and honorable man. I just feel like I've let you down by missing my ship dates because of last minute changes and personal issues.

I promise that everyone that has been notified that I've received payment from will get their sets sent out to them by the 12th at the latest.

Rick

1 - 20 of 49 Posts