Diesel Place banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was one of the lucky ones that was able to get a pair of the 1st production run of Rick's tailgate straps or "Strappers" as my 2 yr. old son calls them. I put them on as soon as I got them. They are excellent. Fit, quality and finish are top cabin. They are well worth the money for the piece of mind they give a guy when his family is sitting on the tailgate.

It sounds like VR will be back in action in another couple of weeks. I can understand the need to protect one's assets; and I think Rick is very smart for doing so. I suggest everyone put their orders in when he's taking them, because they are a must have item.

Rick, you said you wanted real world critiques of the product. So here goes... Some parts of the edges are very sharp. Even though no one should be running their paws over the edges, they just might. They just need to be smoothed out a little to relieve a little bit of the edge. I feel that this was very nit-picky of me to point out and It will never be an issue for me, but I just wanted to make sure you were aware of it.

My neighbor was out putting a Juice w/Attitude on his new Ford 6.0 and he was eyballing my straps real heavy. I had to laugh to myself when he started belly aching about the cables on his tailgate. I'll have to keep a close eye on my set.

And to the person that e-mailed Rick and said he wasn't a man of his word. You, Sir, are an idiot. In no way, shape or form does Rick deserve that kind of shabby treatment. Why don't you be a man about it and post your misgivings about Rick publicly. There is no excuse for your back-door attacks.

Keep up the good works Rick.

·
Registered
812 Posts
Rick,
Got my straps today! Had them on the truck in about ten minutes. Very nice job you did on these. As I was removing the cables, I noticed a wound in the plastic cover that was starting to bleed corrosion. Only a matter of time before I would have put a nice long crease in this tailgate and scared the poop out of myself again. Think I'll take the original straps to the stealer and see if they will give me a new set for when I sell this truck. Again, kudos on a job well done!

Anthony

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
I'm glad you both like your sets. As for the sharp edges, I noticed a few of them seemed to have an edge on them.

I personally handle every set that goes out(finish work). While the edge does seem sharp(they're laser cut), I don't believe it's enough to cut anyone under normal circumstances. I will talk to the manufacturer when I place my next order about this issue.

I know these won't fit current Dodges, nor do I believe Fords(haven't tried as of yet). Maybe someday down the road I'll make offerings for them as well, but at this point you guys are keeping me plenty busy.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Got my set yesterday as well. Very well made.

Didn't really notice sharp edges. Maybe I got lucky.

I found a cable going bad as well.

Rick, thanks again for the fine job you have done on these!

·
Registered
398 Posts
Victory Red said:
I know these won't fit current Dodges, nor do I believe Fords(haven't tried as of yet). Maybe someday down the road I'll make offerings for them as well, but at this point you guys are keeping me plenty busy.

To Hell with the Fords and Dodges, Make some more for us GM guys!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts